Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had a relatively quiet day on Tuesday.

Linda's Mah Jongg ladies had a fun time at our house. I hadn't planned on cooking for them, but I ended up grilling a hot dog for one person who came late because she had jury duty. The other ladies wanted one too once I fired up the grill.

My day started with my track walking. I didn't meet any interesting people on Tuesday.

I arrived home, and baked a couple of soda breads. I had the breads in the oven when Linda woke up. I sliced up a half of a loaf for the ladies in dainty size pieces. They loved it. We resisted giving one of the Mah Jongg ladies the recipe, but we did give her a few pieces to take home for her husband.

Sports -- I did stay up and watch the Red Sox lose the extra inning game. The Yankees won their game. Good thing that I took a nap or otherwise I wouldn't have been able to watch it. On the other hand, I should have gone to bed early since they didn't win.

Social Calendar -- I will be dropping off Linda for her Saratoga bus trip this morning. I will then be doing a whole bunch of house projects. The first of which will be to paint the trim around the front door. It will need two coats for sure.

We finally bought a rug shampooer. I would start doing some carpets, but Linda thinks that I need a little supervision. I might work on the rug that I dropped a cola on a month ago. I am hoping that the stain can be removed, but!!!

Politics -- It is quiet on the political front. We would like to participate in the car buying stimulus package. It is almost time to part with our 1996 Neon.

Observation -- I was wondering if men do more things to irritate their wives, or is it the reverse as we grow older. I know that I am the master at triggering some negative responses with things that I do. If my partner suggests that I do something a particular way, she knows that I pretty much do what I want to do. Have I changed that much since we were married? Yes!

Have a great day at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: