Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Tuesday went as planned with the usual bumps along the way. I did get to
cut my lawn, but i woke up the neighborhood to do so at 9 AM. The grass was so
wet that no grass clippings went into my double bags. This means more work the
next time.

Linda's Mah Jongg at a friend's home went well. Us Lee High School Wildcats
lost the match to our Pittsfield High School Generals on the golf course, but is
still was fun in defeat.

Our dual anniversary dinner also went well at Mazzeo's Restaurant. For a
Tuesday night, the place was packed. There doesn't seem to be a downtown when it
comes to certain businesses. When you put out a good product, people support
that particular business.

I fell asleep (in bed) watching the Red Sox last evening. The roar from the
crowds, when the score was tied, woke me up. I watched the Red Sox score 3 runs
with two outs once again.They won the game by a 6 to 3 score. They lead MLB in
that category. The Yankees rallied from a 10 to 5 deficit, but fell one run
short.

Social Calendar -- After a little walking at the track, I am going to Lee to
visit Mom in the nursing home, and Dad at the family home. Linda should have a
free day until her Book Club / Dinner meeting at 6 PM this evening. I have my
Red sox to keep me entertained.
After visiting Mom and Dad, I would like to trim the bushes in front of our
home, but the mosquitoes might prevent me from doing so.

Speaking of mosquitoes, I have found a positive use for them. While in the
hospital with my Gall Bladder surgery, the doctors ordered blood work every
single day. Some technicians were so good at finding the vein, and others poked
me so many times before doing so.
Maybe they should put a couple of mosquitoes in the patient's room, and have
the mosquito direct them to the perfect vein.

Politics / Observation -- Senator Ted Kennedy finally passed away as a result
of his brain tumor. He was only 77 years old which is one year shy of the
average life expectancy of people in the United States.
At times, I wondered what it would be like to have been born into a rich and
famous family. The Kennedy family has had so much tragedy that I am not sure
that I would chose this family for my fantasy.
The Kennedy Politics -- Of course if you are diehard Democrat like me, we
Democrats are hoping that we can find a good replacement. Even though the
Kennedy's could have lived without being the political limelight, they chose to
fight for average middle American.
I am betting that another Kennedy will be submitting nomination papers for his
senatorial job.

Political Thoughts Two -- There has been a lot of talk at the local, Sate, and
National level for term limits. Why can't a person go into politics with the
idea that this could be his / her life's occupation? So what if you make a few
legal bucks along the way. As long as you don't violate the trust, have affairs,
etc., and represent your constituents well, why can't it be a life long job?
We have a mayor in the Berkshires in a neighboring town who gets elected every
two years. I think that he has been a mayor for close to 30 years. He is running
once again this fall, and he will be re-elected even though he has a person
running against him. The people in this town love this guy.
What can't this happen at every level of government?

Weather -- We had another beautiful day in the forecast for Wednesday with the
chance of an afternoon shower.

Weather and social calendar continued --There is also another hurricane headed
to the Northeast for this weekend. This doesn't bode well for the James Taylor
series of concerts which we and our friends have tickets for.
Thursday night -- Ozawa Hall, Friday night -- On the lawn at Tanglewood,
Saturday night -- Birthday Party in West Stockbridge, Sunday Afternoon -- On the
lawn at Tanglewood
Note -- If we didn't have the birthday party on Saturday night, we would be on
the lawn at Tanglewood for another James Taylor event.
Note two -- The father-in-law of Danielle's brother is a big time fan of James
Taylor. I wish that he could have traveled from Minnesota to the Berkshires so
that he could be with us for these James Taylor events.
Note three -- Am I personally excited about taking up my whole weekend with
James Taylor events? I could have found some other things to do, but I will just
keep my mouth relatively closed, and go along with the flow. I am going for the
food, fun, and merriment, and the socialization which will be taking place. We
have had these sold out tickets for months!

Well, I have to get to some quiet activities.
Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: