Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Saturday was a pleasant one despite the heat. I did my tracking walking
when the temperature was a little cool.

After Linda woke up and read the local newspaper, she clipped some store
coupons before cutting my hair. I guess that my mother was correct that it was
time for me to get a haircut.
My unibrow took some work, but Linda is really good at cutting my hair,
trimming the eyebrows, and the mustache. I shouldn't complain to much of my hair
problem because I have several friends and relatives who are follically
challenged. They would love to have some hair to cut.

Speaking of Mom, we did go to the nursing home to visit Mom around noon. She
did notice that I did have a haircut, but she would like it even cut shorter.
Linda brought some new baby pictures of Max, and some pictures of our other
grandchild, Isabelle, from when she was here in June. We did have to keep
telling Mom who these great grandchildren of hers belonged to.
I took Mom outside in her wheel chair, but it was too hot for a long walk. I
did fix her a soda, but I added a little Vodka to it. She was one happy woman
when we left her.

I watched the Tiger Woods show while Linda went off to the Berkshire Mall. She
said that the traffic in Macy's was light, and that the store was hot. I am so
glad that I stayed home, and took a nap in an air conditioned bedroom before
watching golf.

We used one of our restaurant coupons, and went off to a an Italian Restaurant
called Zucchini's for supper. The Calamari wasn't great, but Linda's Chicken
Picata, and my Chicken Parm was delicious. Linda is amazed that I can eat the
same food day after day. One of the buffet items at the ITAM the day before was
Chicken Parm, and I can eat it every day. We both will be having leftovers for
lunch today.

The hurricane season has spawned its first two hurricanes. The experts are
concerned with the second one as the first one starts to fizzle out as it nears
the United State coastal waters.

We have another relaxing day on our social calendar. I think that I might fire
up the grill today for supper. I was thinking of cooking one of those "beer can"
chicken's, and having some corn on the cob. Our farm stand corn has been very
sweet the last few times that we had it.

It looks like Monday will be another summer like day. The golfers in our Senior
Golf Tournament will be thirsty and hungry with the temperatures nearing the 90
degree mark. I am purchasing the peppers and onions today.

Sports -- The Red Sox lost their game while the Yankees were beating up the
Seattle Mariners. The Sox and Yankees will be doing battle against one another
next weekend in Fenway. The Yankees look like that they are heading for a World
Series win the way that they are going now.
My golf watching (Tiger and friends) might be interrupted by severe
thunderstorms in Minnesota where the tournament is taking place.

Politics -- Same old same old! Sometimes it is good not to watch the news on
television, or to read the newspapers. Who wants to read about the woman who set
herself on fire and walked into a Mall. People like to witness the misery of
other people. Dealing with family and friends should be enough to keep you happy
in this troubling world.

Well, my first activity of the day is to read The Berkshire Eagle, and the
Boston Globe. Does this go against my last comments?

Have a great Sunday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: