Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,
As you know by now, our second grandchild was born on Friday night at 11:34 PM on August 7, 2009 which is 30 minutes earlier than Kyla's due date of August 8, 2009. Kyla and Kevin did send a picture at 1:24 AM, but I am not good at sending it to you.
Linda and I are going to Bringham & Women's hospital at 1 PM which is when visiting hours begin. Every one is healthy and happy. Linda and I can't wait to see the bundle of joy.
In keeping with the Curley biological tradition, our grandchildren seem to be born with a full head of hair. I was born with a full head of hair as well as our two sons Michael and Kevin. Michael and Danielle's child, Isabelle, was also born with a full head of hair. Kevin and Kyla's son Maxwell Page Curley has continued on with the tradition. It looks like there will be no follically challenged people in the Curley line.

Yesterday was a long day for Kevin & Kyla, and Linda and I. We thought Kevin was suffering through the long hours waiting for Max to be born. Kevin tells us last night that Kyla has a private room. Kevin even took a shower. We were thinking that since they arrived Friday night at 7:30 PM, Kevin would be would be wanting the comforts of home, be had them at the hospital.
Linda and I had a long day with the creatures. I took the dogs for several walks to the water front. Every time that I got up from a chair, the dogs thought that we were going for a walk. The dachshund hasn't mastered that going for a walk is going to the bathroom time. After the Red Sox and Yankees finished their 15 inning marathon, I took the dogs for a walk. Billy knows what to do. Frankie Beans needs a lot more work. I head upstairs to bed, and Frankie Beans walks and pees on the bedroom floor, and then hides underneath the bed. I wanted to strangle him (just kidding). I thought that Frankie Beans would be content to sleep under the bed. Not! He started whimpering, and I had to put him in between Linda and I so that he would go to sleep.

After one of my dog walking adventures, I arrived back at the restaurant just in time to see a couple ordering food from "Dough". The widowed woman was a guidance counselor at Pittsfield High School, and she was a colleague of Linda. Her and a man friend were hiking all over Boston, and decided to stop in and try some of what "Dough" had to offer. There were no leftovers when they left. The took the MBTA train to the Maverick Square stop. They did have a little trouble locating the "Dough", but they did find it. They actually asked one of the workers if Kevin was around to say "Hi" to him, but they told him that Kevin was at the hospital waiting for the baby to be born.

Linda and I had both lunch and dinner form the restaurant. They put out some great food at "Dough". There is another rebroadcast of the Phantom Gourmet Show at 11 AM today on TV -38 which we don't get in the Berkshires. Every time that they do a rebroadcast, the telephone starts ringing "off the hook" which is great for business.

Observation -- I have come to the conclusion that men have an easier time with the baby making process. The man's role is so short, and painless compared to what a woman has to go through for 9 months, and there after.
Kevin and Kyla are now entering a new phase of life. With the two cats, and the two dogs, I think that there might be a little competition for affection.
Kyla and the baby are scheduled to exit the hospital on Monday. I hope that they read the manual on what to do when they bring the baby home.
Kevin and Kyla did a great job fixing up the baby's room that is normally the guest bedroom. It is a baby ready room!

Sports -- Even though the Red Sox lost a heart breaker marathon game last evening, I couldn't wait for it to end. It seems that when our two boys were waiting for their children to be born, there always seems to be a Boston based sports team in action. Isabelle was born with the Patriots doing battle with the New York Giants, and last night it was the Red Sox doing battle with the Yankees as Max was being born. Yes, Kevin watching the Sox game as Max was waiting to arrive into this world.

Well, I am going to grab a second cup of coffee while Linda is still sleeping. I am then heading off to get a newspaper, without the dogs.
Have a great Saturday and Sunday!
The Curley's will definitely be having one for sure.
I will have Linda send some pictures after she takes them at the hospital today. The Curley Lad

No comments: