Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

The best part of the past 24 hours was visiting Kevin and Kyla at Brigham & Women's Hospital, and holding the new born Max, and taking a whole bunch of pictures.
The worst part of the day was watching the Red Sox lose their 5th in a row, dealing with the four animals in the house, and paying 31 dollars for the 6 hours that we were at the hospital.
I still haven't mastered making sure that Frankie Beans goes the bathroom when I take him and Billy for a walk. Last night caused a real problem. I went to bed at 10:30 PM, and Linda came upstairs a few hours later. Unknown to Linda, Frankie Beans took a crap in the upstairs bathroom. Linda steps right in it as she went to use the bathroom. Of course she has sandals on with grooves in the bottom. I have to find a brush and decrap them today. Linda was so upset, she went to bed and didn't let Frankie Beans sleep in between us last night. Frankie beans knew that Linda was upset so for most of the night he slept outside the bedroom. About 5 AM Frankie Beans starts scratching on the bedroom door. I decided to get up because we didn't want to let him in the bedroom.
I go down to the kitchen to brew a pot of coffee, and the coffee machine doesn't work. It worked yesterday morning. They have one of those Krups Espresso / Coffee maker. The Espresso portion hasn't been working according to Kevin and Kyla. Well, today the coffee portion died too. So I have been up since a little after 5 AM, and I can't even make myself a couple of cups of coffee. There is no electricity going into the machine at all, and clock portion doesn't even work. I checked the outlet, and there is power going to it. I tried looking for another coffee pot, and I couldn't find any. I am ready to start drinking a beer at this point.
We have three regular coffee machines at home, a make one cup at a time device, a grind and brew one, and a Gevalia one still in the original box. I am ready to go jump in the ocean!

On a happier note we will be returning to the hospital today. Kyla's exit strategy is to be discharged on Monday morning. Linda and I will prep the house for Kevin, Kyla, and Max's return on Monday.

Speaking of the hospital, Kyla has a one room private suite, which the nurse said was the largest one on this wing. Kevin sleeps on a cot in the room. Kyla has a menu, and calls up an orders food just like she is in a hotel ordering from Room Service. There are no rolling carts in the halls with the standard food of the day as there is in most hospitals. I think that she should stay there for as long as she can. Yesterday, she ordered an egg salad sandwich (which is one of her favorites), and it looked like it was made from a half a dozen eggs.

Well, I might have to break down, and buy some coffees for Linda and I ( I hate spending money for coffee--it is a Franny thing), or go out an purchase a cheap $10 machine when the stores open.



Throughout our visit, there was a steady stream of Kevin and Kyla's friends. They all wanted to take Max home. One couple, are boyfriend and girlfriend, and are just about ready to move in together. As I watched the female hover over Max, I could see that she would love to get married, and have a baby of her own. It seems like all of Kevin and Kyla's friends are having babies, just like us baby boomers did in the 1970's. It is so nice to be surrounded by life instead of dealing with my aging parents.
Life is good!

Well, I might have to break down, and buy some coffees for Linda and I ( I hate spending money for coffee--it is a Franny thing), or go out an purchase a cheap $10 machine when the stores open.

It is time to take the dogs for a walk to the waterfront, and say "Hi" to a homeless guy who sleeps on one of the park benches. Yesterday, I woke him up. He got up from the bench, and took a pee, and packed up his few belongings and went to a much more quiet spot to rest.

Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: