Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was a long and hot day for my friend and I as we cooked hot dogs, and
hamburgers for our Senior Golf Tournament. As anticipated, the keg of beer was
empty soon after the last foursome finished their round. We were on our feet
from 8 AM until we left around 6 PM.
The golfers gave the organizer of the event, and the cooking crew many
compliments of how things flowed like precision work. Everything we put out for
the golfers was enjoyed by everyone.

I brought home a couple of uncooked hamburgers, and some corn on the cob for
our supper.

I was so exhausted that I didn't last too long after supper. I tried to watch
some preseason football, but I slept through most of the first half before I
headed to bed.

Linda had a completely free day on Monday, and I think that she enjoyed herself
despite the heat. We decided to stay home, and not go to the Cape. This means
that Linda will be playing Mah Jongg after a short body maintenance procedure.
She will be going to a home that is air conditioned.

I took any perishable food out of my car, but I have to unpack the rest of the
stuff. I have every inch of space in the car packed with something. I spilled
some leftover onions and peppers, and I will have to deal with the cleanup too.

We are in for another day of 90 degree weather. I am trying to figure out how I
will stay cool. I could hit a few air conditioned stores, but I don't want to be
tempted to purchase anything which we really don't need.

Politics -- Health Care seems to be dominating the news.
People legally carrying guns to these town hall meetings is a bit unnerving.
The secret service must be on edge while trying to protect the speakers,
including the President. Do we really need gun toting people at these events?
It is just the NRA, and gun lobbyists hard at work trying to convince gun owners
that the government wants to take the guns away from law abiding people who own
guns. Maybe we all should have guns, and settle conflicts with friends and
neighbors by shooting each other. The Wild, Wild West is making a comeback!

Well, have a great Tuesday.
It is actually too hot to play golf.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: