Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hello on Sunday morning

Dear Friends,

Saturday was a long day for Linda and I, but we survived okay.

The bridal shower went well which Linda attended. My clambake was going well
until 3 PM when Linda called me on my cell phone. The original plan was for me
to not overindulge with food and beverages while at the clam bake. For supper,
we were going to meet back at the mother of the bride to be's for some grilled
streaks, etc.
Well, the husbands who were playing golf, while the shower was going on,
decided to stay in the area of the golf course which they were playing at, and
dine by themselves. Since there wasn't going to be any fun and merriment as
couples, Linda decided that we should drive to Danbury, CT for the birthday
party which we were invited to.

I drove home from the clam bake, picked up Linda at our house, and drove 2
hours and 10 minutes to Danbury, CT. We did use our Garmin GPS device to help
get us there. On the way south to Danbury, the GPS device had us go through
every small town, and back road that could possibly imagine. We would still be
driving if we didn't have that device. On the way home we took a more direct
route without so many twists and turns, but it still took us the same amount of
time.

The party was for Kyla's mom who turned 60 years old on the same day as our
wedding anniversary which was August 21. No one expected us to show up because
Kyla and Kevin told Kyla's uncle, which is where the party took place, that we
were tied up with events in the Berkshires. At the 30 person party, we said
"Hello" to many of Kyla's relatives whom we haven't seen since Kyla and Kevin
got married.
The food, fun, and merriment lasted until about 9:30 PM for Linda and I before
we said our "Goodbye's", and headed home. Our heads hit the pillows a little
after midnight.

For the food, Kevin had brought a couple of his stromboli's, and Kyla's mom
made a couple of lasagna's. This was Kyla's Italian side of the family. Italians
never run out of anything when it come to food and wine. One of her cousins
makes his own home made wine and grappa. I had a little touch of the wine, and
it was super. He didn't happen to bring any grappa, but I didn't really need any
since we had a log ride to get back home.

Kevin and Kyla's newborn was a big hit at the party. Kevin and Kyla seem to be
well on their way to being great parents.
They have been staying at her Uncle's place, but they have an house hunting
appointment in Boston during the mid morning today.

Our house guests were in bed when we arrived home. I had to give them the code
to our garage door so that they could let themselves in our house. Was it rude
to abandon our house guests?

Speaking of her Uncle's home, I would value the property value close to a
million dollars. Linda and I couldn't afford to pay the taxes on that beautiful
place.

Social Calendar -- I am not sure what we are doing. I know that our house
guests want to head back to New Jersey before the highways are crowded. My
friend has a mid morning tee time at our golf course, but I am not sure if the
rain will put a damper on that.

Sports -- I did catch a few moments of the Red Sox game. We were in Yankee
territory by being at that birthday party. I was so upset with the the Red Sox
Friday night loss that I was too embarrassed to wear a Red Sox shirt on
Saturday. Well the Red Sox beat up the Yankees on Saturday. Go Red Sox today!

Politics -- Since I was surrounded by Republicans at the birthday party, I very
seldom mentioned that President Obama's name. At one point, I did tell a bunch
of the male guests that I was a diehard Democrat. We never discussed politics
beyond what I said.

Observation -- I love being invited to parties. I prefer parties where the
hosts have a bit of Italian heritage because you know that the lack of food and
beverages will never be an issue.
Speaking of heritage. Linda and Kyla were trying to figure out Max's heritage.
Our son Kevin has Irish and Italian blood flowing through his veins. Kyla has
Sicilian Italian from her Mom, from her dad, Russian Jewish, Scottish, Irish,
Welsh, (I might have a few of these mixed up). This means Max has quite a mix of
blood flowing through his veins. Linda and Kyla had the exact percentages all
figured out one day while we were in East Boston.
No matter what Max's ethnic percentages really are, Linda and I can see that
Max has been born into a wonderful, warm, and loving family.
Life is so good!

Have a great Sunday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: