Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

Yesterday, was one of the best days of the summer weatherwise, but we won't be getting a repeat today.

Our Saturday went exactly as planned.

In a few short hours, I will be loading up the car with food, and all kinds of gear for our Irish Sister City booth. Our Irish Sister City President, and a few workers will be going early set up their aspect of our booth. Another member and I are in charge of skewering, and grilling Irish Bangers. We are really hoping that the rain doesn't interfere with the event too much.

Weather Permitting, and after some baking for our Monday Saratoga trip, Linda will make an appearance at the Ethnic Fair.

Sports -- The Yankees are in a funk while my beloved Red Sox keep wining. The Sox are a 1/2 game behind the Yankees. Go Red Sox!
Tiger is leading the Buick Open.

Politics -- Health Care, and voting on the Supreme Court nominee are the big issues.

Observation -- As got through my last couple of laps while walking yesterday morning, a woman walked with me. She was in a chatty mood. I normally like to walk alone with my head set on listening to a radio program. I have seen this lady playing golf at Berkshire Hills.
When we got back to the car, we pretty much told each other our life stories. She is married to an engineer. She just turned 70. Her husband doesn't walk with her.
As we said goodbye, she said "I'll see you tomorrow!" Is there something going on that I am not aware of?

Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: