Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Wednesday went as planned. I started with my morning track walk while Linda was till sleeping.
She was woke up just as I returned home. There were no interesting people during my track walking.

They had a full bus for Linda's Saratoga trip. The bus wasn't just for her Red Hat friends.

After I came home, I started my projects. Painting was the first one. The front door trim didn't take that long so I decided to do some floor cleaning as my next project. The new carpet cleaner seemed to work pretty well. I have been reading and reading the manual. I found out that I didn't turn on a particular switch which rotates the brushes. The carpets would be even cleaner if I had the brushes rotating. I guess that Linda was correct, I needed supervision.

While I was in the middle of my carpet cleaning project, Linda called and said that she had a winner on the first race. She boxed a couple of horses, one of which was a long shot. The payout was $158 dollars on a couple dollar bet. Not a bad way to start the day. The rest of the day she wasn't so lucky, but she did go home on the plus side.

Sports -- It official that the Red Sox can't be the Tampa Rays. The Sox are 2 and 16 against this team. The Yankees keep on winning.
Speaking of the Yankees, the Red Sox head to Yankee Stadium for the next four days. Let the Baseball wars begin!

Politics / Observation -- I was thinking about the Health Care proposal that Congress has been working on. My basic thought is: "Who is going to pay for it?", and "How is it going to work?"
I was thinking about some of my students who became teenage mothers. They were on a Universal Health Care program, but didn't even know it. The birth of their child was paid for. The State pays for housing, and the teenage mothers get a child care allowance too. Do you see any motivation to get a job? It doesn't seem fair to take from the system when you haven't put anything into it. Do I sound like a conservative?

Social Calendar -- Track walking will be my first task of the day. A second coat of painting on the trim of the front door is next. Is that a quiet activity?
I think that I will use the carpet cleaner to do a couple of areas which I now realize could have come out cleaner if I used the device correctly.
I also promised to cut a neighbor's lawn since he is on a multiple day business trip.
I think Linda might have a free day unless I get her involved in my projects.
She said something about using a Radio Auction certificate to attend a play, but I had to remind her that the Red Sox are playing the Yankees. I suggested that she chooses a day when the baseball games are during the afternoon, or to find a girlfriend to accompany her. Have I turned into an "Old Fart" or what?

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: