Monday, August 3, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was a long and tiring day on Sunday working the Ethnic Fair. My day started with loading up the car, and trying not to forget anything that I planned to bring. I arrived on site a little after 9 AM. My car was so full of stuff that I couldn't fit a passenger in the car. Even though the rains started around the noontime, people still did come out with umbrellas in hand. Linda worked the cash box during the first few hours of the event at our Irish Sister City booth.
All vendors went home with leftovers. Even though the rains stopped for the last couple hours of the event, no vendor did much business after 3:30 PM. The Irish Whiskey cake was a big hit. We didn't have many of the containers left over to take home. Yes, I did have to return some Irish Bangers to my freezer.

My Soda Bread did take first prize at the Irish American Club booth. There is no official prize, it is just the "thrill of victory" for me.

The only negative of me winning the contest is that I left Linda's favorite six pack cooler at the Ethnic Fair. I let the Irish American Club use as the ballot box.
I wasn't aware that she was so attached to the cooler. After making a couple of telephone calls, I found out where it was located. It will be dropped off today, I think. To me a cooler is a cooler. We have four six pack type coolers, and four or five larger ones, and sevral soft pack coolers (which leak). I just grab the most available one in sight, and use it.

I did miss my Red Sox game. After hearing the football game like score, I sure did miss a lot of action. Since the Yankees won their game, they still lead the Sox by 1/2 a game. Today is a travel day for the Red Sox.

Social Calendar -- We are off to the Saratoga Horse Racing Track, by bus, at 10:30 AM. I have to decide what cooler that I will load up with beverages. You are allowed to take your own beverages in the track as long as they are not in glass bottles. They can be alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages. It is a people friendly track.

Have go and read the local newspaper, and do some quiet chores.
Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: