Monday, August 10, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning from East Boston

Dear Friends,

Yesterday was another pleasant day. I put together a baby swing, and a pack and play device which of course "some assembly" was required. We then headed off to the hospital for another baby viewing visit. The visit lasted from about 1:30 PM until 6:30 PM. Kyla's Dad was present as well as another one of Kevin and Kyla's friends. Us men watched a considerable amount of PGA golf on the flat screen television located in their room.
We ate at an Italian Restaurant called Jevali's which is a couple miles from their apartment. We couldn't eat "Dough" food because they are closed on Sunday.

Speaking of "Dough", after a repeat of the Phantom Gourmet program on Saturday at 11 AM, the telephone started ringing off the hook as predicted. They sold 45 of the sandwiches which were highlighted on the television program. They actually ran out of the ingredients.
Yesterday, I had to go out to my car, and a guy was looking to order some food from "Dough" because he too saw the article on television. I explained to him why "Dough" is closed on Sunday. He said that he would be back during the week.

As soon as Linda does her morning routine (as well as the dogs), we are going into prepare the house for the arrival of the baby. We also have to pack up all of our stuff because we will b e heading off to Tewksbury for a couple of days to visit our friends who we haven't seen since the mid June shower which Linda had for Kyla.
Our exit time depends on the Kyla and Max's discharge from the hospital. Max and 5 or 6 other male babies are scheduled to get circumcised this morning. Besides this procedure, checkout seems to take a couple of hours.

Well, I am glad that the Red Sox left New York. All my Yankees fans have to be so happy because they all warned us Red Sox fans. As the Sox were beating up the Yankees for 8 straight games, my friends said that it was "early in the season". These Yankees fans were correct.

I left the two dogs sleeping with Linda, I have some quiet chores to tend to before I take them outside for their morning constitution.

The four animals are like children. They require attention. The cats sleep during the day, and prowl the two floor apartment at night. I am still working on the dog routine which I haven't mastered yet. If we were staying for another few days, I would have the routine down.

Observation-- Linda and I can't believe all the attention that new mother's get in the hospital. Things have really changed since Linda bore our two sons some 30 plus years ago. I still liked the idea of a waiting room where they would just call you and tell you that the baby was born. I had no desire to be in the birthing room. I had no desire to sleep in a cot next to my wife after the baby was born.
We just took the baby home after a few days, and tried to figure out how to take care of a newborn. I don't remember Linda reading an array of books that pretty much tell you how everything is supposed to work on a daily basis.
Many of the way we did things back in the 70's was so different than it is now. Kevin and Kyla even went to a class on Sunday on how to bathe a new born (right in the middle of Tiger Woods winning another golf tournament). The day before, the class was on how to breast feed.
We were on our own back in the 70's, and our two boys turned out okay. Probably in another 20 or 30 years, the rules will change once again.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: