Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned (mostly my day).

After removing some stickers from the potential BONCO gifts, I left for Lee to
visit Mom at the nursing home.
Yes, I wheeled her out to my car, and made her an alcoholic beverage. She had a
buzz on when she decided to have me take her back inside the nursing home.
I brought a couple of pictures of the almost three week old Max. She was amazed
that the pictures were of a open eyed baby. I had to keep explaining to Mom who
the baby was, and who the parents were, but that was okay with a woman who will
be 93 by the end of September.

Before I left for Lee, I started a load of my clothes which Linda dealt with
throughout what was supposed to be her peaceful day. Not! She had to get up and
down so many times to deal with my clothes that she forgot to record some of her
favorite television programs. I was wondering why I was able to watch the whole
Red Sox game without being kicked off the television in the family room.
I left the nursing home headed off to Lee to visit dear old dad. I chatted with
him for over an hour before heading home to take a nap so that I could stay up
and watch the whole Red Sox game.
I brought a picture of Max for Dad, He too was amazed that Max's eyes were wide
open.
When I think about it, Max has had this open eyes thing since he was born.
After nine months of being in a dark place, why shouldn't a baby want to look
around , and check out his new surroundings?

Linda's Book Club meeting went okay except for the dinner portion. Mushed up
Salmon on a bed of lettuce, and some kind of tomato concoction over cottage
cheese. Salmon and cottage cheese are not two of Linda's favorite foods. She was
so jealous because I put a small pot roast in our crock pot with all the fixings
in the morning. She smelled that pot roast all day long, and she wished that she
ate some of the pot roast instead of what she had for supper. Oh Darn!

The Red Sox won their game in dramatic fashion. Big Papi hooked a home run
around the right field foul pole in the bottom of the ninth inning to win the
game for the Red Sox. He hasn't done this in over two years.
The Yankees easily beat their opponents.

My only physical activity today will be a morning track walk. I want to squeeze
in an early afternoon nap because we have our first James Taylor event this
evening at Ozawa Hall. We have tickets for the inside of the hall. We don't have
to haul food and beverages tonight like we will have to do on Friday night, and
Sunday afternoon when will be sitting on the lawn just outside the main shed.
We will most likely dine out before tonight's concert.

The weather has taken a dramatic change. We will be in the high 60's to the low
50's and 40's for at least a week. Now this is my kind of weather especially for
playing golf. Both Linda and I don't mind wearing a light jacket or sweatshirt.
Maybe the cool weather will keep the mosquito population down.

Politics -- Well, the media has something to talk about for the next few days
with the death of Ted Kennedy. I won't be going to Cape Cod to attend the wake
and funeral.
I am hoping the the Health Care issue stays on the "front burner".

Observation -- Linda and I can't wait to see Max next week. Kyla and Max will
be making their second trip of over two hours in a car. If all goes well, they
will be with us beginning on next Wednesday for a couple of days. We will have
to set aside some time for a baby viewing. Also included in the baby viewing
will be a stop at the nursing home to see his great grandmother. We have cleared
our social calendar for Wednesday through Sunday.

School will be starting soon. I can't wait the for the school buses to come
rolling down our street. The neighborhood will be so quiet from 8:15 PM until
3:30 PM except for us senior citizens. If I want to cut my lawn at 8:30 AM, I
won't be bothering too many people. Actually, we have an unwritten rule in our
neighborhood that cutting lawn can't start until after 10 AM. I did violate that
rule the other day, but I won't let it happen again.

Have great Thursday.
I know that ours will be a great one if everything goes as planned.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: