Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Friday went exactly as planned. For me it was golf, a nap, dinner at the
ITAM, and the Red Sox.
For Linda is was peace and quiet, going back to Walmart to redo the baby
pictures, and going to the ITAM with me, and watching reruns.

Speaking of the Red Sox, yes I did stay up for the three hour and 42 minute
game which ended with a come from behind win against the team which they are
battling with for a wild card spot in the playoffs. The Yankees won their game
also.

Speaking of the ITAM Fundraiser Dinner -- We ended up with 9 people at our
table. I originally thought that we would be dinning alone, but things changed
quickly. The food was wonderful. The buffet menu had red and white pasta,
Eggplant Parm, Chicken Parm, homemade meat balls, salad, bread, dessert and
coffee. We definitely got our money's worth for $20 per person.

Socialization -- I think that we have a quiet Saturday and Sunday for a change.
My only mission is to purchase onions and peppers for our senior golf
championship (men) on Monday. When the golfers come in around noon time, a crew
of three of four people (me included) will be preparing hot dogs, hamburgers,
and corn on the cob for the golfers. These hamburgers come from the meat market
which I can't afford to shop at. It is like eating a piece of steak instead of a
hamburger.
I do have the Red Sox at 8:05 PM to keep me occupied.

Politics -- President Obama is going west to promote his health care plan. The
experts say that he might encounter some opposition in Big Sky country.

Weather -- Summer has finally arrived in the Northeast. We are trying to find a
few days where we could make a trip to the Cape. We have to clear a whole bunch
of things off of our social calendar for that to happen.

Observation -- I applied for a doe permit this year, but I got rejected. There
are three areas in Berkshire County, and as a resident, you would think that I
would get a permit for one of those. Not! I could put my name in for a special
drawing for a permit to get one on Nantucket, or Martha's Vineyard. I think of
these places as resort areas, and not hunting areas. I would have to take
ferries from Cape Cod over to these areas, and I wouldn't have a clue of where
to hunt deer. Most of the property is owned by the rich and famous who don't
want you on their land.

Have a great Saturday and Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: