Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was a quiet day on Sunday. Linda did a little recreational shopping while I
watched golf. I really wanted to give our lawn a trim, but it was too wet. By
the time the lawn dried out, I lacked motivation to accomplish the task.

Around 6 Pm, we went to visit a friend whose son had flown in from Atlanta with
his 9th month old child. The 9 month old female child is a real cutie with her
own personality, yet different than when our grandchild Isabelle was the same
age.

After the visit, we went home, and I proceeded to watch the Yankees beat up the
Red Sox in the final game of their three game series at Fenway. I am starting to
lose my enthusiasm for watching and following the trials and tribulations of the
Red Sox. Do I need psychiatric help?

We have another quiet day on tap today. I am not sure if Linda will be playing
golf with her friends. I have work to do around the home after a little walk
around the track.

Observation -- The mosquitoes are fierce in the Northeast. They attack me
whether I am getting the newspaper in the morning from my driveway, or when I am
in the yard grilling, or approaching the flower beds in an attempt to weed.
Maybe it is time to put up a bat house on the side of the storage shed. The
flying blood suckers don't attack me when I am doing my thing at the track, but
that is about the only time. Should we bring back DDT, and start spraying the
land once again?

Politics -- The health care issue continues to be a hot topic of conversation.
The President continues his fight. He hasn't given up.
He will be vacationing today on Martha's Vineyard with his family. It is what
some President's do!

We have a busy week coming up from Tuesday right into the weekend. James Taylor
and friends will be at Tanglewood Thursday through Sunday. A bunch of us will be
there every day except one, with a birthday on the off day.
Some of our friends think that we are overdoing it a bit with the James Taylor
experience. I just follow the crowd. I am there for the food, fun, and
merriment. I am not addicted to James Taylor like Linda and some of our friends.
Mosquitoes aren't a problem at Tanglewood since the grounds crew do deal with
the issue.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: