Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Friday went as planned.
I left for golf while Linda was still sleeping. Linda woke up at at her usual
time, and enjoyed several hours without Franny.

My golf went a little better on Friday even though I didn't score well. I felt
that I helped our team on several holes.

Linda and I had a quick and healthy lunch. After lunch, I took a nap, and Linda
went out to do a little recreational shopping with a couple of girlfriends. The
rains started just as I woke up from my nap.

Our guests from New Jersey arrived around noon, but they didn't go directly to
our house. The wife was one of the participants in the recreational shopping,
while her husband went golfing with his brother-in-law. They did manage to get
in 9 holes before the rain started.

We didn't have this romantic 38th anniversary evening. One male friend had to
pick up his son and family at Logan Airport in Boston. His brother-in-law hooked
up with some old friends who he used to chum around with from his high school
days.
I went out with the women. We went to the Shamrock for supper. There I was with
three women once again!

After supper, Linda and I went back to our house. I watched the New York
Yankees embarrass the Red Sox for a fifth consecutive time. Brad Penny, the
starting pitcher for the Red Sox, wasn't worth a "penny". He gave up 6 runs by
the time the second inning was over. The Yankees scored double digit runs as the
game progressed.

Our weekend guests arrived at our house at different times, but did eventually
make it to our house.
Everyone is sleeping right now except me.

Social Calendar -- There is an 80 % chance of rain today. It is raining as I
type this e-mail. I am off to a noon time clam bake. There is a building where
the clam bake takes place.
Linda is off to a bridal shower which I think starts at 11:30 AM. The husband
of our house guests, and his brother-in-law have a morning tee time at a golf
course 40 miles away. It doesn't appear that their golf adventure will be
happening if it continues to rain.
My clam bake takes place rain or shine. Yeah!

What is happening after the bridal shower, golf, and my clam bake is a bit
uncertain. We do have an invitation to attend a party in Danbury, Connecticut,
but we would have to drive over 2 hours to get there. Linda and I will make a
decision at the appropriate time.

Observation -- My morning routine usually takes place in our guest bathroom. I
had to move my toiletries to the master bathroom since we do have guests this
weekend. I just dumped everything on top of the bathroom vanity in the master
bathroom. I went to use the toiletries after I woke up from my nap on Friday,
and everything was gone. Linda put every thing in drawers, and in the bathroom
cabinet. She doesn't like "bathroom sprawl". Clutter free is the name of the
game in the Curley home.
If we ever moved into another house, or had a house built, I would make sure
the bathroom had double sinks, and double bathroom cabinets. "Mine and Hers" is
a great concept!

Clarification-- I did receive a little flack from some males about my wife not
taking an active role cleaning bathrooms because of her newly manicured nails.
She would have put on gloves, and have done the dirty task. I was just trying to
be the helpful husband since I knew that she had a luncheon date with her girl
friends on Thursday.
Some of the same people who thought that I was "whimpified" have cleaned
bathrooms in their house too. I thought that the marriage agreement was a little
"give and take" at times.

Have a great weekend!
If you live in the Northeast, have your umbrellas handy.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: