Friday, November 20, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned with a few twists and turns.

The Ninja guy was back at Retro Fitness. I think that he was trying to show me
up. He would use a machine after I got through using one. He would switch my 30
pound weight to a 150 pounds while working the machine that I just got off of.
He continues to never to sanitize the equipment while the rest of us faithfully
do.
Luckily he sticks with the heavy weight section of the gym. Lately though, he
has started to use my favorite machine. Oh Darn!
Maybe he wants me to be his friend?

Linda's body maintenance appointment went well as I was at my pulmonary guy's
office at Berkshire Medical Center.

I never even got a chance to finish filling out paper work before a nurse came
in to check my vital signs. The doctor said that I have to spend a night at the
sleep clinic before he can authorize me getting a new device. The last time that
I went through the process was in 2005.
I am all booked in for November 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM.
The Seep Clinicians essentially hook you up with electrodes attached to head
and chest, and monitor your sleeping like you normally would sleep, and then
they monitor you using a sleep apnea device. If you are found to be needing a
device, the doctor then writes the prescription, and sends me to a medical
supply place to be fitted for the device.
As I talk with more and more people I am amazed how many people have a problem
like me. Being over weight is often the reason, but people in relatively good
shape are candidates for the device too. Your partner will be the first judge as
to whether you should go through the process. If you wake your partner up and /
or yourself, you should probably see a doctor.

After our first adventures of the day, we had lunch at the Friendship Cafe.
Yes, we know the owners. The only exciting thing that happened during lunch was
that the owner of the establishment own a horse which was racing at Aqueduct
Race Track while we were eating. The owner came out of the kitchen, and all us
patrons watched her horse come in dead last in the race. It was kind of
embarrassing.

We needed some fuel to help us get through our "Buy one Get two sale" at a
nearby grocery store. The cashier said that we saved $52 for our cart full of
stuff.
I was so exhausted, I need a nap after we put away the groceries.

Food Fight -- Martha Stewart got her self in trouble on one of the talk
programs. Martha said the Rachel Ray was more of an "entertainer than a cook".
Let the food fight begin!

Social Calendar -- Linda will be leaving the house for her once a month
breakfast with her Pittsfield High School retirees.
After breakfast, she will be heading off to a body maintenance appointment.
I wanted to start putting some Christmas lights in the bushes in the front of
the house, but I have to wait until it dries up a bit. My project might be
delayed until Saturday morning. Maybe a visit to see Mom in the nursing home
would be a good idea.

After Linda's two adventures today, she is going to gather all of her baking
supplies to get ready for a Thanksgiving baking marathon. My function will be
the cleanup guy when the marathon takes place.
Well, it is Friday night. We are booked into an Italian Buffet at Berkshire
Hills Country club. Yes, I will have to work extra hard on Saturday morning at
Retro Fitness.

Weather -- I am worried about whether I will be taking the grandchildren sliding
on Christmas, or having to give the lawn a trim. It was so warm yesterday at one
point, that I could have worn shorts and a tee shirt. The snow haters love this
weather. This has been a strange start to winter weather so far. Could it be
part of global warming? Oh, I forgot that that many people don't believe that
there is such a thing, especially the followers of the Republican talking heads
like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc.
Will I even get a chance to wear those 100 degree below zero boots that I
purchased the other day?

I am just about ready to head out to Retro Fitness. The rain just picked up in
intensity. My outdoor project looks like it might have to be postponed.

Have a great weekend.
Remember not to sweat the little stuff.
Enjoy life to the fullest!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: