Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went pretty much as planned.

My day started with a 6 AM workout at Retro Fitness. Today will be my 20th
consecutive day of going to the gym.
There were only three of us there at 6 AM on Saturday. The Ninja guy wasn't
there. There was an Italian friend, one woman, and me when the doors opened. A
few more people did show up as I was leaving the place.

When I arrived home, I skimmed the local newspaper, and got to a quiet project.
The project of the day was to start with putting Christmas lights in the tallest
bushes (four of them) in the front of the house. This time consuming activity
took me until 1:30 PM. I should be able to finish the task today if all goes
well.

The house party went very well. Some of us got a chance to see the rotator
cuff patient. He is still a hurting buckaroo! Even though he has decreased his
pain medication, he is still trying to be extremely cautious with respect to
making sure that his shoulder stays completely stable. He said that the 20
minute ride from his house to the host house was a painful ride. Every time that
his wife hit a bump in the road, or a pot hole, the vibration caused him to
writhe in pain. At one point during the party , I was talking with my hands, and
sitting next to him at the dinner table. I almost reached over and poked him in
his surgically repaired arm. Linda grabbed my arm before I could make contact
with him. He would have jumped right out of his seat if I did touch him.
The house party, which started at 5:30 PM was awesome. From appetizers, through
the main meal (surf and turf), through dessert and coffee, the food was
wonderful. The conversation, and the laughs were endless. This is what life is
all about!

We all departed around around 10:15 PM. I went straight to bed, and I slept
like a rock.

Today, we are booked in for a Colonial Theater memorial for the deceased wife
of the incumbent Mayor who was just elected for another two year term in office.
The memorial starts about the same time as the Patriots vs Jets football game. I
might have found a person to take my place.
Linda will have to make an excuse or two of why I wasn't with her. I was
trying to think of some good excuses for her. She could use the dear old mom
in the nursing home excuse. She could say that I wasn't feeling well, but that
would be an outright lie because I feel great. Maybe she should just be honest
and say my husband chose sports over the memorial.

The Senate is ready to take up the Universal Health Care issue.

Well, I have to put on my gym clothes, and finish my cup of coffee before
heading out the door.
Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

P.S. Our weatherman said that we should put out the Christmas decorations this
weekend. Things are changing in the atmosphere. The above average temperatures
are about ready to come to an end. I wasn't the only one doing some decorating
in the neighborhood on Saturday!

No comments: