Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

We departed from Tewksbury at 8:30 AM. We arrived home at 11:15 AM. We had just
about time to unload the car, and say "Hello" to Kevin, Kyla, and four month old
Max. They were already in Pittsfield because they left the Brodeur Family
Thanksgiving Day celebration around 5 PM.
Our next adventure was lunch at a place that sells those mini hot dogs with all
the fixings. This is an annual the "Friday after Thanksgiving" tradition for
Kevin and his friends, and a few of us parents. This year, we changed the venue
from "Teo's", which is a mile from our house, to the "Hot Dog Ranch" which is
just a few more miles from our home. Max was his usual great self just sitting
in his car seat on a high top chair watching a couple of sporting contests on
the multiple televisions in the place.
After lunch, Kevin and his family went off to visit some friends while Linda
and I went home. I needed a nap for our evening adventure.
I woke up from my nap just in time to say goodbye to Kyla and Kevin who were
heading off to the Pepsi Arena in Albany, New York for a Phish Concert. Linda,
Max, and me went off to a birthday party for a friend's grandchild. This was
more of an adult party than a party for a child. The appetizers were endless
before the main meal of Eggplant Parmesan, Lasagna, Sausage, and home made
meatballs, pasta, and salad. I never wanted the party to end.
The birthday girl is the same one that I seem to scare the daylights out of
every time she looks at me. I tried several times through out the evening, but
she still started screaming when I tried to say "Hello" to her. When it was time
to open her presents time, she was so tired that she did seem to mellow a bit
when I tried to approach her.

The party started to break up a little after 8:30 PM. This is an hour after
Max's bedtime. He has been sleeping from 7:30 PM until 7:30 AM. Both of our sons
have been so lucky to get their children on such great schedules.

When we arrived home, I took the two dogs out for a little evening
constitution, and decided to watch the Boston Celtics in bed. Well, the two dogs
followed me, like children, and we all fell asleep together in bed. Frankie
Beans, the long hair dachshund, can't leap onto the bed so I had to lift him up
onto the bed. At some point during the night, Kevin and Kyla arrived home from
the concert, and took the dogs into their bedroom.

I should be off to the gym , and not typing this e-mail, but my sweat pants and
shorts are in the bedroom where Max is sleeping. I will have to go to the gym
after everyone wakes up.

If we weren't baby sitting Max last evening, we would have been off to a Red
Cross Fundraiser concert at which a friend from our Irish Sister City was
performing in a singing role.

Today we have a free day for a while. I promised to take Max for a visit to a
neighborhood home of a former high school classmate of mine. His family is home
for the holidays, and they have a one year old grandchild too.
We will be baby sitting Max again this evening since Kevin and Kyla are off to
another Phish Concert at the Pepsi Arena. As you see, Linda and I must of passed
on the tradition of no moss growing under the feet of any of the Curley Clan.

Our other son, Michael, and his family celebrated Thanksgiving in Minnesota.
Mike was deer hunting with his father-in-law on Friday. They were hoping to get
one before his family has drive back (6 hours +) to their home in Kansas.

Speaking of hunting, my brother-in-law shot a button buck in New York State
earlier in the week. I can't wait to get a few pieces of venison to make a stew,
and invite my friends over for some. I usually tell my friends that they are
eating beef stew until after they finish eating.

Observation -- By now, all of you have heard about the Tiger Woods accident at
his home. The whole incident seems kind of strange, and there seems to be more
of a story. On the way home from last night's party, I turned the radio on to a
sports talk program. Some lady has come forward, and said that she was Tiger's
"honey on the side." This would mean the the golf club that his wife used to
smash a window to help Tiger to get out of his car was most likely meant for
Tiger. If all of what I am saying is true with respect to Tiger having an
affair, it sure will be an image killer for Tiger.
I can't wait for all the facts to come out.

Have a great weekend!
Linda and I are having a great one so far.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: