Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hello on Veteran's Day

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned on Tuesday.
Linda won the most times during her Mah Jongg session.

The Annual Irish Sister City meeting went well at our house last evening.
There was much food, fun, and merriment. The annual meeting was one of the
shortest on record.
After sending today's e-mail, I am going to do the Minutes of the Meeting,
and send it out to members. Only one of our more mature members doesn't do
computers.

I just got back from "Retro Fitness". I was the first one at the front door at
4:30 AM. The only other guy at that time was the Asian guy. If he ever wore one
of those black outfits, he would make a great "Ninja".
I am trying to figure out a more reasonable time for workouts. I like the
earlier time because the machine are usually free. I also want the least number
of people to see "Jabba the Hut Curley" trying to work on his out of shape body.

Observation one -- I wanted to wish everyone a "Happy Veteran's Day". Uncles on
both the Curley and Castronova (Mom's maiden name) had family members who fought
in World War II. My Uncle Bernard Curley, my dad's brother, was buried in
Arlington National Cemetery a few years ago. My brother Michael, who passed away
in September of 1970 of a service connected disability, was a Marine. As you
know our son Michael in Kansas, is still in the military (Air Force). His wife,
Danielle was an A 10 pilot before she left the military a year and one half ago.
Even though I am a die hard Liberal, I do appreciate all the people who have
chosen a military life no matter how long or brief that their commitment was.

Observation Two -- Today on the national news, our President is getting
pressure from Gates, Hillary Clinton, and a Military chief to send more troops
to Afghanistan.
If more troops are sent to the troubled area, we better be successful! I am
still not convinced that this is the best solution.
On the other hand, I have no clue of what is really going on in those troubled
regions. I just don't want any more Americans to shed their blood on foreign
soil.
This is a "no win" situation!

Our Pittsfield Parade starts in Pittsfield at 10 AM. I am hoping the the
furniture is delivered before the parade starts so that I can see the parade.

Social Calendar -- I am not sure if she coordinated an afternoon Mah Jongg
session with her other set of girlfriends.
Linda is the only one engaged this evening. She has her once a month Bonco
session at friend's home at 7 PM.


Well, I have to tidy up the cellar from last night's party.
I also have to make room for the piece of furniture which is being delivered
today between 9 AM and 12 PM, and get rid of the least desirable coffee table. I
will put it in the garage until someone wants it. It is going to garbage burning
plant next week, if no one claims it!

Have a great Wednesday!
Enjoy the day if you have it off.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: