Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

We didn't get our bodies moving, and out of the house until almost 1 PM on
Friday. We did a little recreational shopping for a couple of hours before we
had to get dressed for my UNICO event at Mazzeo's.
The event went very well. Having the speakers go first, and then the meal, kept
all 120 + people in the hall. The food was wonderful. It was served family style
after the salad. The food was Cavatelli for the pasta, eggplant Parmesan, a
fish, and steak tips cooked to perfection in a mushroom gravy. The dessert was a
chocolate mousse. My meal was free because it was a membership meeting. Guests
paid $20 for the meal, and it was worth every penny of it.

We had a good mix at our table. Of course, everyone tells each other what is
going on in their lives, how the grand children are doing, etc. I also found out
that one of my Friday Morning golfing buddies (the youngest in our group) spent
a couple days in the hospital, which I wasn't aware of. He had an "Internal"
plumbing problem.
One of the people honored was our son's old soccer coach, but he was being
honored for his baseball process. Linda and I went over and chatted and
congratulated him for being one of the four people being honored. His 68 year
old sister died of colon cancer a week ago. His other sister has just survived a
bout of colon cancer. She is cancer free right now. This is another case of
"Don't sweat the little stuff, and enjoy each moment that you are on this
earth!"

My body and mind is on a 4:30 AM start with respect to my morning workout at
Retro Fitness. The place doesn't open until 6 AM on the weekends. Oh Darn!

Social Calendar -- Linda and a girlfriend are heading off to a couple of craft
fairs at some point today. I also see a "Musical" listed on our calendar. This
is a group of local people who perform each year, and raise money for a worthy
cause. I am hoping that she can talk her girlfriend into attending the event, or
that maybe we get invited to dinner at someone's home.
I should go off and visit Mom in the nursing home at some point. It is so
difficult to visit and then depart, and see your Mom so unhappy because she
wants to be in her own home.

Observation -- We were thinking about our social calendar for the rest of
November and through December. The number of totally free days, which we have,
is almost non existent. Every day, a new event gets booked in for either one of
us, or both of us. I don't know how we could do all these things, and still be
teaching at the same time. One of the people at our table last evening, who gets
my daily blog, said that Linda and I are "so busy".
The other day I was listening to a local talk program. The guest speaker was a
lady from one of those local wellness centers. She is in charge of running
seminars / coaching people who have trouble living life after retirement. Linda
and I could be guest speakers in this program!
People spend hundreds of dollars staying at the place, and participating in the
seminars / activities. I can't imagine paying someone to make me happy, and give
me direction in life. Your an adult, and you should be able to figure this out
for yourself!
Oh! Oh! I better be careful, or I will get myself into one of those "depression
topics" which got me into trouble before.
I am convinced that some people (not the truly ill) like going to the doctor to
be told that they have something wrong with themselves. For these people, there
is always some pill which can solve the problem.
Speaking of pills, the United States consumes twice as much pharmaceuticals as
any of the industrialized countries in the world. Do you think the drug makers
want health care reform?

Well, have a great weekend.
Us people in the Northeast are enjoying above averages temperatures for the
next week or so. Linda and I want snow for Christmas since we will have a full
house of family members here with us. I can wait to take our, almost two year
old, grandchild sliding down the same hills that I used to take her father down.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: