Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,
Another day went as planned.
Linda and her girl friend left our house at 8:45 AM, and pretty much shopped
until they dropped. When I say shopped, we are talking about going to a craft's
fair at St. Joseph's High School at 9 AM, having breakfast at Reva's, going to
another Craft's Fair in a neighboring town, going to two furniture stores, and
finally a little tool around "Home Goods."
I knew about the two Craft's Fair, but I didn't realize that furniture shopping
was part of the deal. Linda's girl friend was looking for two bookshelves to
replace the outdated ones that she has on either side of the fireplace in her
home. Well, Linda started thinking about furniture rearrangement, replacement,
as well as some new purchases. We will be purchasing a coffee table that opens
up into a computer workstation for our family room. Linda was tired of using
T.V. trays for when we do computer stuff, while using the laptop daily, in the
family room. We will be going off to the furniture store so that I can see the
coffee table within the next day or so. This is just the beginning of more
furniture changes in our house. We better win the lottery pretty soon.

I went off to Lee to see dad, and wish him an happy 86th birthday. He wasn't
home when i arrived at 9:30 AM. I then went off to see Mom at the nursing home.
I took her outside to enjoy the semi-cool, but wonderful fall like day that we
had in the Berkshires. As we were walking around the parking lot, Mom noticed my
car. She asked if I had any alcoholic beverages in the back of my car. This time
I didn't have any. I am going to keep a flask of Whiskey, and some gingerale in
the back of my car. We will be having a couple of "High Balls" the next time I
visit Mom at the nursing home.

I left the nursing home, and headed to visit the friend who had the knee
surgery this past Thursday. He took himself off of the pain pills. He was doing
okay, and had just a dull ache in his surgically repaired leg. I wasn't as macho
as he was when I had my quadriceps tendon surgery a few years ago.

Social Calendar -- Linda is off today at a 11 AM for a baby shower. This sounds
like a fun time, and it could possibly be so. I will get myself into trouble if
I explain this relationship. Let's just say the relationship between the mother
and the father of the baby is not normal.

I am off to visit the other patient who had surgery, rotator cuff. I am
planning to arrive at his house at the start of the New England Patriots vs the
Miami Dolphins football game. The starting time is 1 PM. I don't know how long
that I will be staying at his house. Nurse Judie will probably do a little
business in her store while I am doing a little male bonding with the patient. I
am not sure how long that the bonding will take place. I can visualize a visit
by Linda too, and more bonding taking place. This could lead to supper, etc.
I might have to miss a meeting this evening (about a volunteer matter), but I
always say that family and friends come first.
Like I predicted, Nurse Judie isn't having a fun time caring for her patient. I
told her that it would take a great deal of work, and that the routine would
wear her down.

Observation -- While Linda and her girlfriend were doing breakfast, a strange
thing happened. I am not sure how I would have handled it. The breakfast place
is wonderful. They serve breakfast through lunch. The place is owned and run by
a Culinary Institute Chef. The place is usually busy, and there are normally
lines. This day there weren't any lines. An empty table of four was available.
The waiter didn't want to seat Linda and her girlfriend at the empty table even
though there was no one in line. He said that they could sit there, but he would
move them when a table for two opened up. Well, Linda and her girlfriend went
into "pit bull mode." If they are seated at that table, they weren't going to
move. Well they did move. A guy came in with his wife, and their baby in a baby
carrying device, and ended up sitting at the the table for four. What would you
have done in this situation?

Sports -- My Ohio relatives went to bed happy. Their Buckeyes beat Penn State
soundly. My friend, who I was bonding with, went into more pain when his Penn
State team made error after error.

Have a great Sunday.
It is going to be warmer today than yesterday.
I am so glad that I did my raking and winterizing of the deck, etc. We have one
neighbor who moved in a couple of weeks ago who hasn't dealt with the leaves in
his yard. You know what happens. Us people that picked up our leaves end up
doing his leaves when the wind blows. Oh Darn!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: