Monday, November 23, 2009

Hello on Monday morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned.

My day started at Retro Fitness at 6 AM. I was the first one through the door
once again. It was like I owned the place since there were only three of us for
a good portion of the hour that I was there. In less than one hour, I will be at
the doors at 4:30 AM.

After skimming the Sunday newspaper, I went back to the bushes in the front of
our house to finish up that phase of the Christmas decorations. I worked until 1
PM before I quit. I am incurring an electrical problem which I am going to
remedy when it gets to day light this morning. The patio extension cords were
getting warm to the touch because I have so many lights, mechanical deer, etc.
crying for electricity. I am going to run a cord around to the back of the house
and hook up half of the lights into an outlet on our deck. We don't want to burn
our house down for the Holidays.

Linda is getting up early today. She is going to go into the Domestic Goddess
role around 9 AM this morning. All the ingredients, pans, pie dishes, etc. area
logically placed over the surfaces of our counter tops in the kitchen. I will be
part of the prep crew and clean up crew. I will be peeling apples as one of my
first projects. I am not good as the oven man. When the recipe says to cook to a
golden brown, and you are colorblind like I am, you don't want me as the baker!

As an example, yesterday I was bonding with a friend while we watched the
Patriots do battle with the New York Jets. I noticed that my friend had a new
rug in the room in which we were watching the game. I knew that the color of the
rug was in the green / brown family. I asked my friend what color it was? It
turned out to be a green rug. This is exactly why you might get a burnt baking
item instead of something cooked until it is golden brown.

Speaking of the game, I did find a substitute for the Memorial Program for for
the Mayor's deceased wife. As I anticipated, Linda was asked many, many times
where was her husband? I hope that she didn't tell people that I was enjoying
the Patriots, pizza , and beer (water too).
Linda said that memorial program went very well. The program was being recorded
by a crew from Pittsfield Community Television. Yes, we know the production
crew! One pair of the crew was a husband and wife team. The husband is our
President of the Pittsfield Irish Sister City Committee, and his wife is a Lee
goomba. I was wondering if they took any shots of Linda and her girlfriends who
filled up one of the rows in the theater.

Observation -- As I returned from my friends home when the Patriot Game ended,
I did notice people have already started to turn on their Christmas lights. We
usually wait until Thanksgiving is over before turning our lights on. Black
Friday will be the first day that they will be turned on especially since our
grandchild Max, from East Boston, will be with us.
Max will need sunglasses when we turn on our lights!

Have a great week at work or play even if the work week is a bit short.
Enjoy your family, and friends, and give them a lot of hugs.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: