Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned.

My 4:30 AM start to the day went okay. The Ninja guy wasn't at the gym on
Wednesday which was very unusual. I like to work the machines for 30 minutes or
so, and work the treadmill for the last half of my workout. I am not into the
jogging on the treadmill yet, but so many people do so.

I next made a unscheduled visit to the dentist to see if he could find out why
I have been getting a twinge every once in a while when drinking cold water. He
found the sensitive area, but found no cavity. He gave me a sample on Sensodyne
tooth paste. He said that if the area bothers me a great deal, he can take out
an old filling, and replace it with some new filling material.

I finally disposed of the dead mums while Linda was reading the newspaper. I
had to let her relax before I tried my hand at electrical work. I accomplished
the task, but it wasn't easy because of the tight quarters where are circuit
board is located. My helper struggled to shine the flash light at my work area.
Being a short person, didn't help the situation for her either. She ended up
with a splitting headache, but the task got completed. This was a another case
of her not wanting to get involved with my projects.

I needed a nap after the electrical project, and she needed to have a couple of
hours with no one bugging her.

I didn't get any details of her book club event last evening because I fell
asleep trying to watch the Boston Celtics win a game against a team which could
only field 7 men because of injuries, and sickness.

Politics / News - It was the usual mayhem across the nation and the world. Some
of the news makes me sick just reading about it.
I did see where the Somali's tried to high jack another American ship. It was
the same shipping lines where they took an American Captain hostage several
months ago. Well, the American ship was prepared for a gun battle, and the bad
guys gave up the attack. Maybe it is time to have one of the American made
drones put a little hurt on where these Somali's are coming from. If you are
worrying about collateral damage, then just destroy the bad guys at sea each
time one of their gun boats leaves port. Darn, do I sound like a conservative?
My point is that there is good and evil in the world. It is time to stop evil
in its tracks. Do evil people and organizations even merit a trial?

Llama's -- If you haven't heard, a couple of weeks ago, some people shot two
Llama's near the Pittsfield / Lenox line. They were in a penned in area with
sheep. They found the two Llamas were shot with arrows. It is bow season in
Massachusetts. The public wanted to blame hunters for the incident. The deaths
made front page news in our local newspaper. A radio talk show host got people
talking about the incident, and they raised over $5000 for a reward leading to
an arrest of the culprits. They haven't caught anyone yet. The nearby Lenox
Sportsmen club donated reward money too. This was an act of vandalism. You can
tell a Llama from a deer even in dusk like conditions.

Social Calendar -- Linda is off to a body maintenance procedure about the same
time that I will be having a routine check up in the pulmonary department at
Berkshire Medical Center. I need the routine checkup so that I can replace my
tired sleep apnea device.
I think that we have to go to one of those grocery stores which has one of those
"Buy one get two Free" sales. They are not always bargains, but the Queen knows
her prices.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon.
The Curley Lad

No comments: