Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

I keep on telling people in my e-mails that the Berkshires in Massachusetts are
a great place to live and visit. There is a publication called "National
Geographic Traveler". The Berkshires were ranked 7th out of 134 vacation
destinations / must see places.

My "Retro Fitness" hour went okay on Saturday. The person who opens the place
was late. Several of us on time people weren't very happy when were there at 6
AM and the place was

Linda was picked up by a girlfriend at 8:30 AM for her day of attending 3 or 4
Craft's Fairs. She won a basket at one of them. They started off going to
breakfast because they needed fuel to keep themselves going for at least 8
hours.

I spent my time fixing a shelf in a bedroom closet. I then decided to do some
sorting, throwing out, and finally rearranging the closet. Linda was impressed
with my efforts.

We went out with another couple for supper. My male friend and I had red meat.
Our wives chose more pasta, chicken, shrimp oriented food. Actually, the food
was so good, that we would go back to this place in a heartbeat. It has a
Italian / Greek offerings. We did notice that diners in the restaurant were from
the more mature crowd. They know where the specials, and moderately priced meals
are located.

I will be at the doors of "Retro Fitness" in less than an hour. I have to burn
off some calories from last night's over indulgence. Retro Fitness for me is
like those body maintenance procedures that Linda participates in except my
procedures are sometimes painful.


The Ninja, and the body builders weren't at Retro Fitness at 6 AM on Saturday.
As a matter of fact, most of us at the early hours are people who have bodies
that need a good deal of body reshaping. Hopefully in a couple of months, I will
have a change in body structure that my friends will be able to notice. Right
now it is the same old "Franny"!

At 10 AM, I will be at the Masonic Temple / Lodge in Pittsfield helping to
prepare a past dinner for a noon Special Olympics Awards / Dinner Dance. If all
goes well, we should have the kitchen cleaned up, and be heading out the door no
later than 3 PM.

Linda thought that she would have a free day, but there is our monthly meeting
at the ITAM Lodge this afternoon. She will be representing the family at 1 PM at
the officers meeting, and also at the membership meeting at 2:30 PM.
She is not happy because her Red Hat group will be going to an outing at the
Clark Art Museum in Williamstown (next to Williams College). She will be stuck
at the ITAM until at least 4:30 PM. Oh Darn!

Sports -- Two Boston teams lost last evening. My Patriots do battle with the
Colts in their dome this evening. I can't wait for this game to take place. This
will tell the football nation whether the Patriots are mediocre or not. The
Patriots aren't even mentioned as a possible Super Bowl contender. Under the
radar is how us Patriot fans like it.

My relatives in Ohio must have been happy with the results and efforts of their
Buckeyes Football team. I think the win has them heading to the Rose Bowl when
the regular season is over.

Observation -- While working in the closet yesterday, I had to remove all the
clothes which were in it to repair the broken shelf. I noticed that the clothes
that I washed and dried are always full of wrinkles. I could tell which ones
Linda washed and dried, and which ones I attempted to do. I thought that I used
the same procedure that Linda does, but it sure doesn't look like it.
Every pair of cargo pants that I did was wrinkled to the point that I almost
have to iron them. The pair which Linda washed and dried looked like someone did
press them. Every shirt I attempted to wash and dry needs an ironing. Not when
Linda does my clothes!
Even my tee shirts come out much better when Linda does them.
My deficiencies are probably caused by a lack of patience with the washing and
drying process. She is better at "Fluffing and Folding" while I am more into the
"Balling up" approach.
Mothers must be good at teaching their daughters how to properly do the washing
and drying of clothes. Men just want to get the process over!

Well, I have to finish my cup of coffee, and head out to the gym.
I will then come home and take a shower, and gather my gear for the Pasta
Dinner.
Have a great Sunday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: