Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Friday went exactly as planned. We were in East Boston at 10:30 AM. We
socialized for a little while with Kyla and baby Max before she went off to body
maintenance appointment or two. Our first bit of baby sitting lasted a couple of
hours. I took the dogs for their first walk to the waterfront park, which is one
block away from their apartment.
Kevin was so busy at the restaurant with his regular Friday customers, and from
the production crew who were taking down the set in the warehouse which they
used to produce the movie, that we didn't see him until 5 PM. This warehouse can
be seen right out side Kevin and Kyla's second floor apartment located right
above their restaurant.
There was also a bunch of construction people right outside his place doing
road work. They ate at his place too.

The next bit of baby sitting took place from 6 PM until 10: 20 PM. Kevin & Kyla
were rubbing elbows with the rich and famous, the Mayor of Boston, etc., at the
Boston Public Library. This was a fund raiser / gala for the Library.

When they arrived home from the gala, Linda and I said our "Goodbye's", and
headed back to the Berkshires. Kevin and Kyla offered for us to sleep over, but
Linda is booked in for Saturday and Sunday events. Our heads hit the pillow at
1:30 AM. I fell asleep in less than a minute.

I just came back from a little workout at Retro Fitness. The doors open at 6 AM
on Saturday and Sunday. I was on time, and the workers were late by 15 minutes.
This messed up my time frame. For my friend who is thinking that I will be
muscle bound in 6 months, yes, they do have the typical cardio machines. It sure
beat walking on the track when it is in the 20 degree range or less.

Dear Old Dad is 86 years old today. At some point our paths will cross today. I
do have to visit Mom at the nursing home too.
I also have to visit my friends who have had surgery. I might visit the knee
guy today, and the rotator cuff guy on Sunday. The Rotator Cuff guy seems to be
a bit cranky with respect to yesterday's e-mail which he sent. I am not
testifying in his law suit!

I have to wake up Linda. She told her girl friend to pick her up at 8:45 AM.
They want to be at the Craft's Fair when the doors open at 9 AM.
I will take a shower, and head off to deal with my parents, and at least one of
the guys who has had surgery.

One of the college football games which I want to see today is Ohio State vs
Penn State. My relatives from Ohio are diehard Ohio State Fans. My friend who
had the knee work done is a diehard Penn State fan. I haven't decided who I will
be cheering for.

My "Sportsman's Guide" Waterprooof 100 degree below zero rated pac boots
arrived on Friday. I can wait to wear them ice fishing, snow blowing, or
participating in winter activities.

Well, I hear Linda moving around.
I will bring her up a coffee which I used to do every day when we were
teaching.

The weather in the Northeast is supposed to be mild for several days.
The Patriots will be playing at Gillette Stadium on Sunday in 60 degree
weather. When you play a team like the Dolphins, playing in cold and snowy
weather gives the Patriots a decided edge. Tomorrow's forecast is too nice!

Have a great weekend.
Get outside and enjoy the cool crisp weather in the Northeast.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: