Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was tense at the ITAM as the election results started coming in after the
polls closed at 8 PM in Pittsfield. The incumbent Mayor, whom we were
supporting, was behind as the results from the first 7 or 8 polling stations
came in. The mood of the 250 people at the ITAM was somber and quiet. The voters
from the last few polling stations turned the deficit around, and the Mayor was
re elected for another two year term, but it was by a slim 200 vote margin. The
challenger actually won 10 out of 14 precincts.
The place went wild! The Mayor gave a great victory speech, and Linda and I
went home around 10 PM.

A fourteen term (2 years at a time) Mayor in a neighboring town was defeated.
Most of us in Pittsfield couldn't believe he lost his bid for re election!

I not only held a visibility sign for the incumbent mayor yesterday, I JOINED A
GYM on election day. Yes, you heard that correctly. I am now a member of a place
called "Retro Fitness". There are so many machines that I am learning to use.
Actually, I had trouble figuring out how to use some of them. Good thing no one
was video taping me using these machines for the first time yesterday. A couple
of them, I got stuck on, and had to figure a way to get off of them without
harming myself.
There are so many of my body parts that are being worked on. It actually feels
good! It will take a while before I become a "lean mean fighting machine." I
already did a 1 hour work out today.
The place opens at 4:30 AM (except for the weekend -- 6 AM), and this is great
for an early bird like me! I was there this morning when the place opened up,
and I wasn't alone.
There are some males at this gym who have muscles upon muscles. As I was
filling out the application form, the attendant said "Hi" to a guy whom she
called "Muscles." He looked like one of those body builders guys. I am not
trying to look like these muscle men. My goal is to shrink my stomach, increase
my muscle strength, and have an upper body of 30 year old.
Linda got me this three month membership by way of one of those radio
auctions. It took months before I made the decision to join. It sure beats track
walking! The views aren't too bad either. I will miss the nursing home people at
the track. They made me feel so young!

I know that some of you are thinking that the excitement which I project right
now might fade, but time will tell.

News From East Boston -- Kevin sent an e-mail , and a photo yesterday of a
"Shoot out" in for the Tom Cruise movie which they are making right next to his
restaurant in East Boston. The "Shoot out", during the movie making scene, had
the two cats, and two dogs, which Kevin and Kyla own, going bonkers! I wish that
Linda and I were in East Boston on Tuesday to see all the action.
Wouldn't be great if Tom Cruise walked into Kevin's restaurant, an ordered some
food. Kevin has his camera ready if it does happen. Kevin has those pulled pork
sandwiches ready to go for Tom Cruise. Tom's driver asked Kevin to ready to
make those sandwiches for Tom during the three days that he would be in East
Boston making the movie.
Linda and I will be doing a little baby sitting in East Boston on Friday night.
I will get more details of Tom Cruise, and the production crew who have been
eating food from "Dough".

Social Calendar -- We are going off to the Christmas Tree Shops around mid
morning. We are on a mission. The wooden figurines that we have on our deck for
the Winter and Christmas Holidays have reached their expiration date. We are
hoping that we can pick some up before the flier comes to our house. I can see a
car full of treasures before this day is over. I think the "Olive Garden" in New
York State will be getting our business too!

Sports -- The World Series continues this evening at Yankee Stadium.

Have to read the local newspaper, and eat some healthy food.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: