Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning from Pittsfield

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned on Monday.

I went off to visit dear old mom at the nursing home around 10 AM. I wheeled
her outside to get some fresh air for about 45 minutes. Yes, we did stop by my
car, and we both had a light Whiskey and gingerale. She enjoyed every drop of
it!

When I came home from the nursing home, Linda and
No one came forward to take my job as recording secretary, known as the "Clerk"
in our organization. It looks like I will be doing the job for another term of
office. Actually most of the officers have the job for life once they are
elected. I think that there are only one or two changes this upcoming year.
There will be much food, fun, and merriment before this evening comes to an
end. Members and their significant others are bringing appetizers. The Curley's
are providing the place,the set up, and most of the beverages. The people in the
Irish Sister City organization are mixture of young and more mature members. A
good time will be had by all!

Linda is going off to her normal Tuesday Mah Jongg session from 11:30 AM until
about 4:30 PM. I have to clean up the bar area in our basement, and cool down
some beverages.

We did a couple of errands after our house cleaning / fall decorating. We did
go back to the furniture store which was closed on Sunday afternoon. They are
delivering a piece of furniture on Wednesday. It is a coffee table with a hidden
computer work station. Linda and I were getting tired of use T.V. tray tables
for using the lap top.
We now have a coffee table which is free to anyone who wants, and needs one.

My UNICO board meeting went very well. Every time we have a meeting, I pick up
new dates to fill up the Curley social calendar.

I did my workout out at Retro Fitness already. I am causing a little problem by
opening and closing the garage door as I leave and return from the workout,
especially since anyone in the master bedroom can hear the garage door going up
and down. I just can't be quiet no matter how hard I try.

Observation -- As we are on the highways, and in shopping center parking lots,
etc., I often seen cigarette butts, discarded lottery scratch tickets, and trash
from those fast food joints. I don't know why people just throw things out their
car or truck windows.
Is a cigarette but thrown out a car window trash? I think so!
How about the people who empty their car ash tray full of cigarette butts right
out side their car on the ground in parking lots? Have we created a nation of
slobs?
As I drove home from my workout, a guy was walking his two rodent size dogs.
The dogs were peeing in my front yard flower beds, mail box post. I did see that
he had a "doggy poo" bag to pick up droppings. I was wondering if he would have
left the deposit in my flower beds if I didn't happen to be turning into my
driveway.
When we dog sit for Kevin and Kyla's two dogs in a couple of weeks, I am taking
them out for a walk in the wee hours of the morning. We might go right by this
guy's house.
One of my father's brothers, who is now deceased, was having a problem with a
guy letting his dogs defecate on his manicured lawn. My uncle said that he
picked up the droppings, and put them in a paper bag, and put them on the
culprit's front steps. His neighbor got the message!

Observation two -- There is a trim Asian guy, with no body fat, who is always
at the gym at 4:30 AM pretty much 7 days a week. He puts the maximum weight on
every machine which he uses. I usually use a machine at the farthest point away
from this guy. I don't want him to see the minimal amount of weight that I use
on each machine. He had so much weight on a leg press machine that he was using
this morning, I couldn't budge the machine one inch. One part of the gym is for
the body builder type of guys. I keep my distance from those machines, and from
those guys.
I have been enjoying using the tread mill (only my second day), of course at
one of the slower possible speeds. I was on one for 30 minutes today. I almost
fell down after I stopped the machine. My legs were like rubber. I have to keep
reminding myself not to look down at the track of the treadmill as it is going
round and round.

The crock pot boneless chuck roast turned out wonderful for supper. Yes, I put
it in completely frozen, and hard as a rock. I couldn't invite any friends
because the piece of meat was on the small side. It was so yummy! My spice girl
did a good job of putting in just the right amount of flavor ingredients.
The wife of the rotator cuff guy did a pork roast the other day in her crock
pot. She said that it came out so wonderful.

Linda and I are pretty good sales people of the product. We have talked so many
friends and relatives into using one.
Maybe a crock pot company should hire us to do an infomercial promoting their
machine.
If you are thinking about getting a machine, get the largest one possible if
you are going to be cooking for more than two people. The 7 quart size is about
the biggest on the market right now.

The next device that I would consider getting is one of those fancy pressure
cookers / slow cookers. The ones that they sell on QVC are only the four quart
size, which is too small for the Curley's.

Well, I have to do a couple loads of bar glasses in our dishwasher, and
straighten up the bar area.
Have a great Tuesday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: