Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another Day went as planned except for a little bump along the road.

Our microwave did expire. I sent the Sears Repair Technician an e-mail, and
explained how our machine wouldn't heat anything. I received a nice reply saying
that without seeing the device, it could be something as simple as a fuse or
that the more expensive magnetron has to be replaced. He advised us to get a new
machine.
By the time that we received the e-mail last evening, we already had purchased
a new machine. If you are familiar with our house, and where we put the
microwave, you wouldn't even know that the microwave sitting there now is a new
one.
I must admit that Linda would not let me go out and purchase a new one without
her supervision.

Mah Jongg went well on Tuesday at our house. The Chicken and Vegetable Crock
Pot soup was a big hit, especially since Linda didn't tell her guests that she
was making some. I did have lunch with the women, but I headed to the garage to
do a little cleaning of my workbench. This ended up being a three hour project
since it was so messy.

Today is garbage pick for our neighborhood today. I have so much stuff put out
that you would think that we owned a four tenement house. A normal week of trash
would be one bucket, and one recycle bin for us.
Speaking of recycling, last week was bottles and cans recycling. I saw a guy on
a bike going through each person's recycle bin looking for cans and bottles for
which the guy could get five cents back on certain ones. Times must be disparate
for a lot of people.

Social Calendar -- I think that Linda doesn't have to move her body until her 6
PM book club meeting this evening. I have my usual projects, one of which is to
play the role of an electrician. I might need Linda to hold a flash light.
I have to change a circuit breaker to a higher amperage so that the breaker
doesn't go off when I use multiple devices in that room. I also am nervous about
when I put up the hundreds of outdoor Christmas lights, I don't want circuit
breaker problems.

Politics -- Having the terrorists go on trial in New York is a big mistake from
my Liberal perspective. I think that the bad guys should be brought out to sea,
and have weights attached, and thrown overboard. They can live with the fishes
for the rest of their lives.
These guys shouldn't be granted the same rights to a trial as any American is
granted!

Health Care Issue -- The mammography study that was released yesterday was a
shocker. I can see health care providers denying claims if you don't follow the
new age guidelines of when you should have mammograms. Could this new wrinkle be
tied into a way to shoot down Health Care Reform?

Sports -- I didn't watch a single minute of sports last night. Actually, I went
to bed at an early 9:30 PM. I tried to watch some reruns with Linda, but I
started snoring less than 15 minutes into the program. Linda said that I should
go to bed so that she could hear the program that she / we were trying to watch.
I definitely have to get into a new cycle with respect to my morning workout at
Retro Fitness. I should probably wait until it is at least daylight, or maybe do
an evening workout.

It is 25 degrees as I finish this e-mail, but it should hit the 50 degree mark
before the day is over.
I actually want to start doing some Christmas decorations outside. I would like
to have all the outdoor lights in place before Thanksgiving. I want to be able
to come home from Thanksgiving, and flick one switch, and turn them all on.

Well, I have to head out to the gym, and see what interesting people are there
today.
Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: