Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned.
We spent several hours in the Christmas Tree Shops at the Colonie Shopping
Center in Albany, New York area. We did end up with a car full of treasures,
even though we weren't successful at finding those wooden Christmas figurines
which we were looking for.

We "did lunch" at a nearby Olive Garden as planned before we headed back to the
Berkshires.

I am just about ready to head off to "Retro Fitness". I will be there when the
doors open at 4:30 AM. The unused muscles in my body are starting to ache which
is a good sign. I still haven't mastered some of the machines.
Every day I see males with more muscles than I could imagine that a human being
could have. As I am going through the machines using little weight to start off
with, these guys are pumping iron that I will never be able to lift. Some look
like they might be using steroids to attain the muscles which I observe. I am
just an overweight baby boomer just trying the move the bulges to places where
they naturally belong.

While at the nut and food isle at the Christmas Tree Shops, Linda cell phone
rang. We found out that our granddaughter in Kansas might have tree nut
allergies. I gave her some peanuts the last time that we were in Kansas, and she
didn't have a reaction. I believe cashews caused the allergic reaction this
time. After an emergency room visit, the doctors solved the problem, and sent
her home. Allergy tests will be next!

There was more Movie action next to "Dough" on Wednesday. The Boston Globe even
mentioned "Dough" in an article on Wednesday while describing the action taking
place in East Boston. I had the incorrect name of the movie which they are
making, but I can't remember the correct name.

The Rotary Cuff patient is doing okay, but not great. Nurse Judie takes naps
when her husband takes naps. She said that she was exhausted already, and it has
only been a few days since the surgery. She told Linda that this experience is
like dealing with children once again. Since Linda went through the same
experience with me when I had quadriceps tendon surgery, she is a good person to
talk to when you are in the exhaustion mode.
We are planning on visiting him as gets weened off some of the pain pills. He
seems to uncomfortable to have guests right now.
We will wait to get the okay from Nurse Judie.

My sister must be feeling better after her elbow surgery because she was
visiting her grandchild who lives in the Newburgh, New York area on Wednesday.

I am taking another friend for his day surgery today. I am dropping him off to
the hospital at 11:30 AM. He is having some stuff repaired in his knee which
should help to postpone reconstructive surger, which he will eventually need.

The "golden years" are taking a toll on friends and family members!

Sports -- The Yankees won the World Series. I am glad the season has finally
come to an end.
My Celtics are undefeated so far after 5 games! If they stay healthy, they will
be in the mix at playoff time.

Well, I have to grab my gym gear and head out the door.
I will save some words of wisdom for Friday's email.

Have a great day at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: