Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,



I was the first one to leave the hose on Thursday. I went off to visit Mom in the hospital. It is a miracle, but she is going back to the nursing home at 11 AM today without a feeding tube. She is back to eating food, but mostly pureed. It looks like she will be with us when she turns 94 at the end of September.



After the visit with mom, I came home and gave the lawn a trim, and took a power nap.



Linda wasn’t feeling that great so she spent most of the day in the calm mode.



Around 3:15 PM, I headed off to the Third Thursday event in downtown Pittsfield to set up for the 5 PM to 8 PM event. About 1 minute after I arrived at the Sister City spot on North Street, the rain started. It rained from 3:16 PM until we picked up and left at 7:30 pm. Most vendors never even set up except for our group and Civitan. The streets were pretty much empty except for a few hardy souls. The police chief did stop by for some Irish Bangers. The chief, a former student of mine, stops by every Third Thursday and buys some bangers.



We did sell enough bangers and whiskey cake to just about cover expenses. Our own members bought the leftover bangers as the evening ended. I cooked them in the rain, but another member had an electric grill, and cooked his in the entry way of Pasko Gift and Frame.

My 12 Whiskey Cakes got sold. I asked one elderly lady how the cake was. She said that she had a little buzz on after eating the cake. She said that she would have to walk around a little before driving her car home.



Most of the Irish Sister City group moved on to Patrick’s Pub for more fun and merriment. The live Irish band was wonderful. I even got up at one point and did a combination Irish jig, and an Italian Tarantella. The crowd wanted more, but I though it best to sit down and finish my beverage.



I just spent 15 minutes emptying my car because I needed a place to put in the golf clubs for today’s senior golf day. The weather is eventually going to be partly sunny and into the mid 60’s. Today is our pizza party. I just put a couple cans of anchovies in the car to put on my slices of pizza.



Well, I don’t have time to ramble anymore.

I am heading off to the golf course.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: