Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,



Linda and I both had fun weekends, but not together.

I did depart from Pittsfield on Saturday and headed East to North Tewksbury. I went directly to Kevin and Kyla’s and did some baby sitting while Kevin and Kyla did some errands. While they were doing their thing, I took Max to the Brodeur’s for a couple of hours. Max was his usual good self, and didn’t touch any items that could have caused a problem. There house is not child proofed yet since their grandchild is a few months old.

Linda went to the Colonial on Friday night with a bunch of Irish friends. She saw a chick flick alone because all of her friends had already seen the movie.



Kyla prepared a wonderful supper on Saturday night. Ginny Brodeur stopped by to join us. Jerry was kind of whipped from his Friday dialysis, and took a rain check for dinner.



On Sunday, I took care of Max when he woke up at 6:45 AM. I hope that I didn’t wake him up as I was cleaning up the kitchen, pots, and pans from the Saturday night supper. We had a roasted chicken, and some asparagus that I grilled. Kyla also made some rice.

Speaking of grilling, I think that I grilled a mouse in their Webber Grill. I turned on the burners, and heard this creature running back in forth for the first few minutes, and then the noise stopped.



Kevin and I left the house at 8:30 AM for the Patriot Game. We went off to Reading to pick up a friend. We arrived in the parking lot at 9:30 AM, and had Steak Tips cooking by 10 AM. We had a great time tailgating. The stuff people were cooking and the food smells from the parking lots were wonderful. Some guys even cooked a whole pig.

Before we went into the Stadium, we went over to visit our friends from Attleboro whom I used to tailgate with when my Berkshire friend and I had season tickets. They all said that they missed me and my cooking skills. I didn’t realize that I made quite and impression with those guys in the few short years that we had season tickets.

While saying “Hi” to everyone, I had one of those “life is a crapshoot“ moments. The leader of the group whom I call “Mike from Attleboro” said that he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. He is in his middle 50’s. He took a pill before the game started to help stop his legs from being too restless. He said that he would most likely stand for a portion of the game.



The seats that we had were terrific. The three of us said that if we had access to them, we would purchase the season tickets in a heart beat. The tickets actually belong to a cousin of one of our Berkshire friends. This cousin usually chooses a couple games to attend, and then sells the rest to their friends and relatives. I wonder if the person would accept one big check for all three tickets to responsible people like us.

I guess that I really miss the whole football experience at Gillette Stadium. I love everything about. Since I am retired, it doesn’t matter whether the game starts at 1 PM, 4:15 PM, or 8:30 PM. If I don’t want to drive back home, I could always stay at our son’s house in North Tewskbury if I didn’t want to make the 2.5 hour + journey home.



Social Calendar – Linda has an appointment and some errands to do today. I have a noon time radio program (WBRK 1340 on the AM dial) that I will be on discussing Irish Events along with our Sister City President. I also have a 6 PM UNICO Board meeting. I would like to finish up cleaning up the basement with Linda’s help and supervision before the Board meeting.

We do have an extremely busy week coming up. I am going to try and squeeze in a few rounds of nine holes of golf during the week starting tomorrow morning while Linda hosts her Tuesday Mah Jongg session.

We will be picking up the car any day now too, and we have to get rid of the tired Neon.

An Irish Sister City meeting is on the agenda for Tuesday evening at 6 PM.

We have Third Thursday this week, and I will be back cooking Irish Bangers. Oh! I forgot that I have to make an Irish Whiskey Cake for the event too. I might have to make a double batch since we didn’t have many volunteers offering to make cakes.

Friday golf with the seniors includes a pizza party.

Saturday we are going to an Irish Festival in Saratoga.

Sunday there is a covered dish gathering which we aren’t sure if we will have the energy to make it to.

Does it seem like the Curley’s are a little bored with retirement? Yeah Right!



Well, I am going to finish my morning routine, clean my greasy grill, and clean my messy car after Linda wakes up. I will then head to the basement, and do some work down there.

I saw an e-mail where the other Mah Jongg groups want to play some day this week too. It would be nice if the basement was returned to normal so that they could do so.

Have a great week at work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: