Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,



My Sunday went as planned except for the fact that the Patriots lost the game to the Jets. As Brady said in a public interview “We suck and we will work hard this coming week in preparing for our next opponent.”

Maybe I should have gone to the covered dish affair instead of watching so much football.



I did visit Mom as planned. The doctors did a scan and found where the infection was located. This means that she is still in the hospital.



Linda left the house while I was watching the 1 PM NFL game. Her only stop was at two grocery stores for some basic supplies.



No one wanted to cook any food so we decided to have Chinese food delivered.



There are so many new television programs starting up this week, I don’t know if we can DVR all of them. Some are on “Programs on Demand” channels so that we don’t have record them. Some of the previews of certain programs look like they could be cancelled in a very short amount of time. Let the battle of the channels begin!



My one goal today is to make the garage so that we can fit both of our cars in it. I will have to load up the Subaru several times with things to throw out. The Kia takes up a bit more room than the Neon.



We won’t have to worry about supper this evening because Linda can have left over Chinese food before hosting her Mah Jongg session. I will be dinning with my UNICO brother and sisters at a membership meeting at Mazzeo’s Ristorante at 6 PM.

We never did get to hanging pictures in the basement since it is on our low priority list.



Observation -- Nothing in the National news caught my eye. It is very much of the same old same old! I wish that I could be like some of our baby boomer friends who hardly watch any television at all. Maybe watching a good deal of sports is a good thing. I definitely don’t want to watch or listen too the talking Republican Heads (Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity), and The Tea Party people who seriously think that they are going to change to two party political system. The Tea Party people have tuned a few heads over the past couple of months, but they have a lot of work to do if they think that they will be the new party of change. Most of my Liberal Democratic friends think that they are still a bunch of wackos (sorry if I offended some of my readers) with Sarah Palin as their spokesperson.

It is like the people who say that Public Education is a failure. Instead of getting rid of Public Education, parents, the community (who are paying for education), educational leaders, and teachers (who are taxpayers too) should work to repair any inadequacies.



Well, I have to do some quiet activities before Linda wakes up.

Have a great week at work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: