Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,



We had another pleasant day in the life of two retirees.



I didn’t strike the ball that well for the nine holes that we played, but the day on the golf course was picture perfect.



I went from the golf course to visit mom in the hospital for a couple of hours. She was okay, but kept saying that she was really feeling sick.

I think that she will be shipped back to the nursing home any day now. After 10 days in the hospital, the nursing home will start charging my father the daily rate if she still remains in the hospital longer than those ten days.



Linda’s Mah Jongg session went well both on Monday night and during her Tuesday session. He change purse was full at the end of both sessions.



Supper went as planned; grilled steak, half of a sweet potato, and a vegetable.



I tried watching television with Linda, but I got too fidgety, and I left the family room to do my own thing.



Observation – I lost one of my readers yesterday. The reader and her husband belong to the Tea Party, and the wife didn’t like me using the word “Wacko” when I referred to the Tea Party. I sent a personnel message saying that she should “lighten up”, but she told me that she was “divorcing” me. She said that I caused her much stress when she reads my daily blog.

She didn’t heed my words of “not to sweat the little stuff.” To me Politics are not like the life and death issues that some of our friends and my Mom are going through. Won’t we still function whoever gets elected in the national and local elections?

Linda doesn’t like it when I make waves. I really try not to, but it just happens. Some of my friends actually love to see the banter going back and forth when I strike a nerve on a particular issue. For me, it tells me that people are reading my e-mails. This gives me the motivation to keep writing, and sometimes create controversial topics. Maybe some readers should treat my blog like I have a daily editorial column in a local newspaper. You have the ability to agree or disagree with my position on a particular issue, and you have the luxury of responding immediately.



Social Calendar – Today is husband and wife bonding day. Linda was actually shocked when I asked her if she wanted to do lunch and go to a matinee since we have nothing on our social calendar for today. Of course, she knows that we won’t be watching a “Chick Flick”. We are going to see the latest Ben Affleck movie “Town”. There is a little romance in the movie when Ben Affleck falls in love with a teller in the bank that he is going to rob.



Well, I have to send some other e-mails, and do some quiet activities before the Queen wakes up.

Have a great Wednesday.

For the Berkshire people, we are going to reach the low 80’s today even though it is quite cool right now.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: