Friday, September 24, 2010

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,



My day went as planned!

Golf, a visit with Mom in the hospital, giving the lawn a trim (if you really want to call that burned up stuff grass), and a power nap before supper is what my day was comprised of.



Linda had a pleasant morning without me. She ended up doing lunch and some recreational shopping with a friend while I was doing my thing.



Hamburgers and hot dogs for supper were nice and simple.



In a few short hours, I will be whacking that little white ball around. I hope that I don’t embarrass myself today. The weather is going to reach the mid 80’s today. It will be a great day whether I hit the ball like I want to.



The carpet guy is coming at 9:30 AM to do the stairs and hall where the bedrooms are located.

Linda is supposed to have her monthly retiree breakfast, but she might show up a little late.



Observation – I was thinking about global warming as I was cutting the lawn yesterday. The lawn is getting close to a dust bowl, and not a lawn. In our area, we are down about 7 inches from the normal amount of rainfall. Some people might claim that weather is cyclical, but I think that more things than the cyclical nature of climate changes are going on.

We are so used to a few days of nice weather, and then some rain. For a couple of years, I very seldom had to use lawn sprinklers because we had a normal cycle.

It has been so dry that the leaves are turning, and I am guessing that many of the leaves will be on the ground by the time the Columbus Day weekend arrives.

I sound like I am complaining, but the grass on the golf course is in mint condition. The amount of players on the course during the week is minimal. When my friends and I play during the week, it is like we are on our own private course.



Speaking of golf, after one of our “quick nine wholes of golf” the other day, I asked the friend, who I was riding with, to take back the cart because I wanted to go visit Mom in the hospital. He did drive the cart back, but left his clubs still attached to a cart. He didn’t realize that he did so until he went to a discount golf store. He wanted to add some new clubs that he purchased to his golf bag, but soon realized that his clubs weren’t there. The pro shop attendants realized that some one left their clubs, and put them in the bag storage place at the club. My friend was so relieved when he called the pro shop, and they said that they found his clubs. My friend is not suffering from memory issues, and no, he wasn’t under the influence of alcohol.



I have to read the local newspapers, and select my golf wardrobe for today.



Have a great weekend.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: