Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,



Another day went as planned for the most part.



Our first floor is almost back to normal. The furniture was delivered as scheduled at 11 AM on Tuesday. We have to hang a few items on walls today which will be our first project. We are still in enjoyment stages of how wonderful things have turned out so far. The change from laminated wood in the hall way from the linoleum which we had for over 25 years really looks great. The linoleum selection for the laundry room is great too. The vanity which we purchased at Home Goods is quite a nice piece of furniture. At times, I think that the vanity is too nice for that room, but it is the bathroom which most people will be using if they come to our house.

With the laminated wood in the hall way, I might be forced to take off my shoes especially in the winter time. On the other hand, floors are designed to be walked on.



Linda did go off to her Tuesday Mah Jongg session a little late because of the furniture delivery, but she did have a good time.



The cable guy did come to the house to repair a cable which the floor installer guys cut. The cable guy was technically challenged and couldn’t get everything back to working the way it was. I am having a friend come over after he gets out of work today to see if he can work out the kinks.



I did give the lawn a trim after the cable guy left. I used the rear bagger since the grass was a bit high. I will deposit the clipping at the resource recovery plant this morning before Linda wakes up.



After hanging pictures, Linda will be doing a little baking for Thursday’s evening’s BONCO session. I am going off to visit Mom in the nursing home when she is doing the baking.



My day doesn’t end with my visit with Mom. I have a 3 PM meeting at our house. A sports’ committee are going to discuss the possibility of sending a girl’s basketball team to our Irish Sister City in Ballina, Ireland.



Observation – I see where the President is going to address the nation with respect to our withdrawal from Iraq. He is not going to say “Mission Accomplished” like our last President did. There will be much discussion about whether the Iraq conflict was worth the loss of so many fine men and women in the military as well as civilian contractors. Can the Iraq people govern themselves without the help of the United States? Are the Iraq people better off than they were before? Will women experience the freedom that the women in the United States enjoy? Can Democracy survive in such a war torn region?

The winners in any war are the businesses which provide the military armament. These people want wars to continue as long as it is not their children who have to go to war.

In my Liberal Democratic way, I still believe that we can all get along without killing each other. Yes, we do have to be prepared for the wacky people who think killing your perceived enemy is the best way to address the situation.

If most people just tried to take care of their own family, and had just a little piece of the economic pie to do so, at the end of each day, they would be so exhausted that wouldn’t even think about taking the life of another human being.

I can see this as I watch my two sons and their wives work so hard to make their family situation work. One son tries to run a restaurant while his wife has a high level job of her own, and they try and raise a child too.

Our military son works his butt off, and is good at what he does. His wife gave up her military career as a pilot to be a stay at home mom raising their two children which is one of the most challenging careers that a person can have. Ask my sons and their wives how much “gas is in their tanks” at the end of each day.



Well, I have to finish the rest of my morning routine, and read the local newspaper.

Have a great Wednesday.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: