Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,



Our Friday went as planned. I played golf, signed some papers about our recent car purchase, found out that the Neon repairs would cost too much, and squeezed in an afternoon nap.

We are picking up the car early next week. It is officially Linda’s car for now, but it is my kind of car. It would really be great for ice fishing. It would be so easy to put all of my gear including my ice auger in the Kia since the rear seats fold down flat. My extra large sled would go in without a challenge too. There is even a tow hitch that comes with the car. Maybe I could tow ski mobiles, or jet skis, pop up camper, etc. These are just some random thoughts.



Linda kept herself busy all morning coordinating things with respect to securing car insurance for the vehicle which we are purchasing, and do several house related errands.



I am exiting Pittsfield at 9 AM and heading to ours son’s restaurant in East Boston. I want to personally see the two week effort of Kevin and his partner Mike, Todd Brodeur (certified contractor and family friend), etc. of sprucing up the place from ceiling to floors as well as doing work in the basement too where many of the dry products are stored. Kevin has shown us videos taken on his i-phone, but it is just not the same until I see it in person.



Linda’s dinner with the girlfriend’s and our Irish guest went very well. She called me at 8:30 PM to say that they were still socializing at the restaurant. I took the Neon and headed toward the house party. There much food, fun and merriment at the house party. Linda left a little after 11 PM, but I stayed until midnight. When I left, they had a fire going outside. There was plenty of wood for the fire. I imagine that the party continued on well past midnight. I didn’t want to drive to Boston with a fuzzy brain today other wise I would have been there when the party ended.



I am psyched for the Patriot Game on Sunday. I am putting the three tickets in the car right now so that I don’t forget them. I have some tailgating gear already packed, but I still have a bunch more stuff to put in the car.

The Sunday rain is not going to reach Gillette Stadium until after the game. The temperature is supposed to reach 71 degrees by game time in Foxboro.

The Berkshires won’t reach 70 on Sunday, and the rains arrive much earlier here than in Foxboro.



Well, I have to cut this e-mail short, and get packing.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: