Friday, August 22, 2008

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

My day went as planned.

Linda exhausted herself at the Purple Plume. The store was inundated with tourists purchasing the latest fashions.

The Anniversary Celebration didn't exactly take place. Linda left the Purple Plume and headed straight for the Third Thursday Event in downtown Pittsfield. I was at my grill cooking up those Irish Bangers when she arrived. I cooked 72 of them until we ran out. The Sister City Group also sold some soda breads , and Irish Whiskey Cake.
One lady came over to my grill to see what I was cooking. I explained what an Irish Banger was. She said that she was a vegetarian, and that she doesn't eat meat. I tried to talk her into purchasing some Irish Whiskey Cake. She said that she was an alcoholic. At first , I thought she was kidding with me, but then I saw her talking to some friends in front of an ice cream booth. The friends wanted to buy her an ice cream cone. She told the friends that she was lactose intolerant. They call that living!
In anticipation of Linda's arrival, I did take a coolers of beverages. I packed two bottles of Miller Chill, which is the lime flavored beer. The event was an alcohol free event, so I poured the beer into a cup so that people didn't know that she was drinking beer. I consumed of few beverages too. Cooking in front of a hot grill makes you thirsty.
Several of our friends were part of the multitude of people at the event. Linda left me and hung out with them until she decided to go home. I had to stay around, and help with the clean up.

What was also really great about the evening was that many of our friends stopped by to see me at the grill. Some Italian friends even purchased some Bangers on skewers, but I know that they are going to copy what we do. The next time the Italians will their own booth, and sell Italian sausages on a stick. The competition will be fierce!

Linda was so tired that I stayed up with her to watch the Olympics (since it was a travel day for the Red Sox), and she started to fall asleep. Usually, it is the reverse. I am the one doing the bobbing and weaving.

Today is a day where we will bond together to make up for the loss of an anniversary celebration. We are going to recreationally shop our way to the 7:30 PM Patriot Game at Gillette Stadium. Our first stop will be at a yarn store in Northampton. She is planning on being there for an hour. I think I might have to take two coolers today, one for shopping, and one for tailgating at the game.

I am going to let Linda sleep as long as she wants to this morning.

I am going to quietly get some coffee , and read the local newspaper right now.

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: