Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda's day went well. While she was doing the wedding shower thing at a local restaurant, I was at my clambake at the Italian American Club.
They formed some BOCCE teams, and had a little single elimination tournament. The team that I was on got knocked out in the first round. This gave me more time to drink beer, and socialize.

I had a very nice conversation with the neighbor, who was at the clambake, about woodchucks. I told him about the one who was our yard eating flowers. I haven't seen the woodchuck lately. My neighbor said that the woodchuck had babies. I told him that I wanted to shoot the woodchuck. He said that he has shot them from his bedroom window when the furry creatures were eating all the vegetables in his garden. Both he and his neighbor have those "have a heart" traps. Both of my neighbors use the traps as death traps.
I also told the neighbor about the two feral cats who live outdoors all winter long. These cats hover under bird feeders just waiting for the birds to make an error in judgment. My neighbor said that he would take care of them too. He thought that they were somebody's pets until I explained the situation. Isn't it great to have neighbors like these guys?

I did need a nap before we went off to the Habitat for Humanity Comedy Show Fund Raiser at Berkshire Community College.
We saw many people from the community at the event.

The comedy acts were good. Another couple and I sat in the first two rows, and we ended up getting zinged during one comedian's act. The couple that we were sitting with happened to have an empty seat between them. The comedian picked right up on that fact , and asked if there was a problem in their relationship. The comedian also picked on me with respect to my hair. Little did this comedian know that I was his Algebra II teacher in High School. I kept my mouth shut (which is difficult to do) because I didn't want to become part of his act.

Linda should be able to sleep as long as she wants today. Our social calendar is free for the moment.
I have to do some cooking which doesn't involve Linda. My projects always seem to unintentionally involve her.

Have to go and read the local newspaper. The Curley Lad

No comments: