Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

Wednesday went as planned for both Linda and I.
We had another dose of super sweet corn on the cob along with a steak which I cooked on the grill for supper.

I went to bed a happy man last evening as my Red Sox pounded on the hapless Yankees for a second game in a row. I think that the Yankees can't wait for the Red Sox to leave the Bronx. They do battle this afternoon in the final game of this three game series.

Linda has a long day to look forward to. She is going to the dentist at 8:30 AM before she heads off to the Purple Plume.
Speaking of the Purple Plume, Linda is changing her working status to a "substitute associate" for the fall. She really deserves a stretch of "Do nothing days", but our fall calendar is already packed with booked in activities.

I tee off with the usual suspects at 7:20 AM.

The teachers in the Pittsfield Public Schools have to report to their respective schools today. Two of my golfing buddies have wives who will be part of this group teachers.
If you remember, Linda lasted only one school! year after I retired. She got very tired of me saying: "Have a nice day at school!"

I decided to stay away from politics, the Presidential race, etc. in my e-mails. Each person has to make their own decision who they think is the best qualified to do the job. It is like a person choosing which religion best suits their spiritual needs.

The Patriots play the Giants in the final pre-season football game this evening. Tom Brady is in California buying a home. The New England Patriot fans don't think that his heart is really into playing football this year. I am hoping that this is not the case, but time will tell. Opening day for the Patriots is September 7, 2008.

I have to grab a cup of coffee, and select my golfing wardrobe.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: