Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day in Curley world went as planned. It was a bit brisk as we teed off at 7:20 AM on Tuesday. Good thing that we weren't teeing it up today because it is 43 degrees as I begin this e-mail. Thursday will be the last day which we will be teeing off so early. My retired friends and I made a corporate decision to tee off when it is a bit warmer beginning next week.
Yes, I did squeeze in an afternoon nap before Linda arrived home from MahJongg. She too had a winning experience at the MahJongg table.

The best part of the evening was dinner at one of our most favorite Italian restaurants in Pittsfield. Even though our friends have a wedding anniversary a week after ours, and the fact that we ( the men) didn't really celebrate the joy of being together for those many years on the correct date, everything worked out well last evening. The food, from the appetizers to dessert, was five star rated in our minds. When we told one of the owners that we were celebrating our anniversaries, he gave us desserts on the house.
While we were at the restaurant, another couple sitting next to us was listening to our conversation. We found out that the wife in their relationship is not adjusting well to the man's retirement. We told her that separation is good. This is why us men go off to the golf course, and get out of the house for 5 or 6 hours at a time. It is not normal for a husband and wife to be with one another for 24 hours per day. The nice woman told us that her husband "bossed around" people his whole life, and he is bossing her around in retirement. We even invited him to join us on the golf course to keep his wife from going insane.

I went to bed a happy man last evening. My Red Sox were victorious in the opening three game series against the Yankees in New York. I can't wait to watch them do battle this evening.

I read a report that there will be commercials on television, using children, about how bad hot dogs are for us health wise. I am not giving up my "Hebrew National" hot dogs. Everything in moderation. Don't you just love those nitrates?
There was a report on nutritious school lunches which parents can make for their children. The good old peanut butter and jelly sandwich was one of the best choices. Of course, many schools have banned peanut products from their lunch menus. It is once again where the minority controls the majority. It is sort of like me and my allergies to clams. When I was at the lobster / steak / clam bake this past Saturday, I avoided the endless flow of clams which were served including the raw bar ones. Why should my allergies change what is served at the clambake?

Well, the Democratic Convention was on television last evening. I hope that some of you Republicans got a chance to watch some of it. The experience issue, from McCains camp, is a bit tiring. All presidents have a staff of advisors who can get anyone through a Presidency.

I have to get dressed, and do some chores inside and outside of the home.

Linda has to head off to the Purple Plume in a couple of hours.

Have a great Wednesday. The Curley Lad

No comments: