Monday, August 11, 2008

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

It must be election time. The price of gasoline dropped to $3.73 per gallon at out favorite place to fill up.

Yesterday, was truly a day of rest for Linda and I. Linda never left the house at all.
We were actually saving our energy for one of the busiest weeks of the summer.

Tuesday is when the action begins. We have an Irish Sister City cookout at our house which starts at 5:30 PM. Linda is sacrificing her MahJongg session, and and am giving up golf to take care of all the details before our guests arrive.

Wednesday there is the UNICO Golf Tournament at my golf course. I have to work a shift at one of the golf holes where a person can win a car if he/she gets a hole in one. My shift starts at 7 AM. Linda will be working at the Purple Plume. After an afternoon nap for me, I have to go back to the golf course (since I am President of UNICO) for the awards ceremony, and to participate in the multi gift raffle.

Thursday I am going back to the golf course to help cook for the Senior Members' Golf Tournament (50 years old +). My friend and I will be preparing hot dogs, hamburgers, peppers and onions, and corn on the cob along with the usual beverages. Linda will be working at the Purple Plume once again.
You would think that our day would end. Not! Linda and I, along with a few couples, are booked in for dinner and a play. I hope that I will be able to stay awake during the play!

Friday is golf with the seniors for me. Linda should have a day of rest after a body maintenance procedure.

Saturday we were invited to a deck party.

Sunday we were invited for an afternoon BOCCE Party and cookout after Linda attends a 10 AM baby shower for a relative in Lee.

Monday we are off to the Saratoga Horse Racing Track (but on separate buses and with different groups), and the beat goes on.

You might think that Linda and I are a bit over scheduled. My aging parents, and what I observe in their lives as their bodies have been breaking down over the past few years is the best motivation that Linda and I have. There will be a time when our bodies and mind will say : "You can't do that !", but that time hasn't occurred yet.

Life is good! Enjoy it while you can. The Curley Lad

No comments: