Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hello on Wednesday morning

Dear Friends,

The Irish Sister City Committee cookout went well. Included in the many appetizers were some Irish Bangers. Even though we have been cooking them at the past two Ethnic Fairs, I never had the chance to eat one. I grilled about twenty of them on some skewers, and finally got to taste one or two. The hot sausage patties were a big hit. I am slowly getting these Irish folk to try more and more Italian food. As a matter of fact, Irish cookbooks are the smallest in the world.

The party progressed from the deck to our basement. The mosquitoes started to get aggressive, and the temperature dropped so much that several of the ladies borrowed some of Linda's gear to stay warm.
We had some beverages in the basement, and this is when the meeting took place. Most guests left in the 9ish time frame, but the last guests left around 10 PM.

I said my "Goodbyes" , but went back to the basement to watch the last couple of innings of the Red Sox Game. I shouldn't call it a game, it was really a marathon. When the final score ends up 19 to 17 , you realize that this was no pitchers duel. When the Sox scored 10 runs in the first inning, you would think that they could hold the lead. Not! The pitcher, who they just brought up from the minors, couldn't hold the lead. He is back with his minor league team as I type this e-mail.

In a little less than an hour, I will be off to my golf course to work at the UNICO Golf Tournament.

Linda will be off to the Purple Plume around 10 AM.

Our paths won't cross until about 9 PM this evening.

I go back to the golf course on Thursday at 8 AM to man the grill for our Senior Mens golf tournament. Last year my golfing
buddy and I cooked for over 90 golfers.

Have to go and get dressed.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: