Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

I over dosed on College football yesterday before settling down to watch the Red Sox do battle at 7 PM.
I really don't have a favorite college team. I just like it when the little guy wins against the big guy.

My relatives in Ohio went to bed happy since their Buckeyes beat up on another Ohio team. Hopefully the Buckeyes will be playing some ranked teams this year which will toughen them up for when bowl time comes around.

I did go to bed a happy man last evening since my Red Sox were victorious once again. Tampa continued with their late inning heroics, and won their game in the last of the ninth. The hapless Yankees squandered a lead, and lost their game.

Linda spent hours of her day hand writing out place cards for a wedding which we are attending this coming Saturday. She still has some bows to insert in the place cards.
When her hands stopped hurting from writing, she went to her knitting. She has been busy knitting baby outfits. No, we are not having a baby. Her baby outfits are in demand. Every time she attends a baby shower, the gifts have been baby clothes. It is usually a sweater, hat, and booties. I think that she just completed a set which she had been working on before she went to bed last evening.

Hopefully, we have another quiet day once again. We have to conserve our energy for a busy week once again.
We will be having house guests I believe starting on Wednesday evening. One couple is booked in for sure, and we might have another couple joining us on Friday night and Saturday night too. The guests are all related to the wedding which we are attending on Saturday.

Next Sunday is opening day for the New England Patriots. Yes, I will be there for the 1 PM game. If all goes as planned, my son Kevin from East Boston, will be with me. Linda and Kyla, Kevin's wife, will be bonding at a Mall somewhere.

My son, Michael, in Kansas will be able to see the game since the Patriots are playing the Kansas City Chiefs. It should be broadcast in his area.

Not much to report on the political front. People are still trying to decide if McCain made a good choice as his running mate. She is photogenic which is another positive.

The weather is supposed to be perfect for today and tomorrow, and extending into next week.

Continue to have a great weekend. The Curley Lad

No comments: