Friday, August 15, 2008

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

I just about survived yesterday. I was at the golf course at 8 AM setting up the food tent for the Senior Golf Tournament. I manned the grill from about 10 AM until a little after four PM. I burned my fingers while cooking the last hamburg of the day when I touched a hot pan. I might have a little trouble gripping the golf club this morning.
My turkey frier was a big hit as we used it cook corn on the cob (not in grease). The tag sale purchase was such a good investment.

Linda had a busy day at the Purple Plume. They doubled their goal through the hard efforts of the sales crew at the Purple Plume.

I had just about enough time to take a shower before I was picked up by friends. Yes I / we made it through a dinner and a play. The three couples had a nice meal at a restaurant which was 1/4 of a mile from the theater. The play was something about wearing "plaid". It was a no intermission play that was a musical. It was good enough for me to keep me from falling asleep.

The Red Sox game was over by the time we arrived home, but I did go to bed a happy man once again.

Our senior golf this morning might get rained upon at times. I wouldn't mind a day off. I wouldn't be sad if we got rained out.

After golf, I have a 2 PM meeting relating to UNICO stuff.

I think that the only thing on Linda's agenda is a body maintenance procedure. She needs a day of rest too. As you know, my activities involve her even hen she doesn't want to become involved.

Have to go and read the local newspaper.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: