Monday, August 18, 2008

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda made it through her 10 AM baby shower while I visited with my Dad in Lee.
We were back in Pittsfield by 12:30 PM. Linda read the Boston Globe while I took a one hour nap.

We loaded up the car, and headed to the Bocce Party / picnic in a neighboring town around 2:30 PM.
We had put 19 people on teams of four. One person played for a couple of teams. The four person team, who had the host as its team captain, won. Would you call that "Home Court Advantage"?

When the tournament was over, the host fired up the grill, and cooked hot dogs , hamburgers, and marinated chicken breasts. Yes, there were some homemade desserts to die for.

The party broke up a little after 8 PM. I was so exhausted that I went to bed shortly after arriving home, that is why I am up so early.

Do we finally have a day of rest? No! I am driving Linda and a Red Hat Society friend to where the bus is departing for their trip to the Saratoga Horse Race track.
After this drop off, I head to the East Side Cafe where I will be picking up a different bus to Saratoga.

Whenever we hook up with different sets of people, I always learn something new. I talked to a set of friends at the BOCCE tournament who lost their son to a blood disorder several years ago. After the ordeal they went through, this couple joined our local group of supporters in what they call "The Jimmy Fund". I was chatting about how ill the chairperson of the Berkshire County Chapter looked the other day at our UNICO Golf Tournament. They said that this person was diagnosed with having MS. After years of giving him MS drugs, they determined that this man didn't have MS. All the ailments that this person is currently having was to due to the MS drugs that they have been giving the man over a several year period of time.
Once this story was told, several other people starting telling their stories of problems that they have had with local doctors. I learned that if you have something that is a major type illness, you better go to Boston, where they have the best doctors in the world, and get a second opinion. I am not trying to say that the doctors in our area are all bad, but you should go to a place where they deal with these major illnesses on a daily basis.

Have to decide what kind of beverages which I am going to pack in my cooler and Linda's as well. If I remember correctly, you can't take any glass containers into Saratoga.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: