Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,
Golf went okay yesterday. I only had to part with two dollars. I whiffed a couple of times during the round. At times, I ask myself why I even play the game. My opponent and I, who have similar handicaps, shot the same score on the front nine as well as the back nine. It was ugly at times, but I keep on reminded myself that I am walking on the grass instead of being planted below it.
Linda had multiple hours of being alone yesterday, and preparing for her BONCO session. It would appear that the evening went well. When I emptied the dishwasher a few minutes ago, I did notice some wine glasses. I would bet that the ladies who were drinking wine were the teachers who have to report to school this morning.
I tee off today at 7:20 AM. Linda has her normal MahJongg session at a friend's house.
I was almost going to write that we are free this evening, but I just remembered that we are going out with another couple to celebrate their anniversary. Their anniversary was yesterday. My friend was all set to take his wife out to their favorite restaurant until I told him that the restaurant is closed on Mondays. If you remember, we celebrated our anniversary last week by going to a Patriot Game, and getting lost after the game.
The temperatures are in the mid forties this morning. Fall is in the air. The Farmers Almanac & the National weather service are in conflict with the long term predictions for winter. The Almanac has predicted a cold winter period, but the National weather service says that we are in for a mild winter.
Well, I have to select my golfing wardrobe.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: