Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Some people were inquiring about my former student in yesterday's e-mail. The thrifty gentleman is in his mid fifties. I had him, his high school sweetheart and eventually their three children in class. The whole family were great individuals to have in class. They came from two parent households. The sharing technique hasn't been mastered yet.

Linda and I made it through Tuesday, but it wasn't easy. One problem started when I convinced Linda to set up MahJongg for the ladies in the screened in room on the deck. I convinced Linda that the rain would stop, and the sun would come out, and everything would be perfect. Things didn't go as planned! The ladies arrived at 11:30 AM with their own lunches, and they were ready to dine out on the deck. Well, the temperature dropped, and the wind started howling. We had to move the already set up MahJongg table from the screened in room on the deck to the family room.
This is when I strained my back lifting up my end of the coffee table to make room for the MahJongg card table. My back hurt all day long, and I looked like the "Hunch Back of Notre Dame".
I left the ladies in my hunch backed position for my first meeting of the day at 1 PM. The REAM (Retired Educators Association of Massachusetts) meeting went for an hour and one half. I had to run the meeting since I am president of this group. The biggest decision was where to have our fall luncheon meeting, and who the guest speaker should be.

I came home in the middle of the MahJongg session, and decided to lay down hoping that I could straighten out my back problem. The little rest didn't help at all.

At 5:15 PM, I left for my UNICO meeting which didn't start until 6 PM. I had to go early to set up the room, which we use in the Italian American Club, so that it looks like a board room. Since I am president of this group, I had to run this meeting too. Well, this meeting lasted for an hour and one half also.

Today, I am going to sit at the computer, and write down all the items which took place at both meetings while they are semi fresh in my mind.

Linda is off to work at the Purple Plume today while I am doing my thing.

I am supposed to go off this evening to help prepare food for the Third Thursday event, but I think that I better lay low and get my back problems resolved. I am the Grill Man on Thursday from 5 PM to 8 PM in downtown Pittsfield.

Last night, I did decide to lay in bed and watch the Red Sox thinking that laying flat would help the back. I do feel better right now, and I can almost stand upright without pain.
It is tough getting old. I did go to bed a happy man, but the first place team won also. The Yankees weren't so lucky.

The temperature was 43 degrees at 6:30 AM. It is starting to be football weather already. Not! We will be getting back to the 80's in a few short days.

Well, I hope that all of you have great day at work or play. The Curley Lad

No comments: