Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Family & Friends,

My golf went okay yesterday. My senior foursome had the lowest score which meant that we didn't have to pay our $2 fee for this week.
I did go home after golf, and took a nap.

Linda's day started with a 7:30 AM telephone call from one of my golfing buddies who said that he was playing in a tournament, and that he couldn't play with our senior group. I was already at the golf course. Linda, who was all set to sleep until noon , couldn't get back to sleep after the telephone call. She had a headache all day. It seems as though that I continue to bug Linda even though I wasn't even home.

No, Linda didn't spend the day wallowing in her misery. She hooked up with a girlfriend who is having a shower for her daughter-in-law to be. Linda acted as a shower consultant.
She also did a knitting consult for one of her Tuesday MahJongg lady friends. Actually, it was a friend of a friend. Linda's knitting expertise is starting to be known outside her circle of friends.

We spent a quiet evening alone. We had Chinese food delivered. Linda spent the evening knitting and watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics. I couldn't stand it. I went into the basement , and watched the Red Sox go down to defeat. Maybe, I should have watched what Linda was watching.

No, we don't have a day of rest today.
The first thing on the agenda is my sister is coming over to get the corner cabinet, and a television. We had to change things around when Linda got the television of her dreams.
After that, Linda will be attending a shower which starts at 11:30 AM. I will be at a clambake which starts at noon at the Italian American Club.
No, our day doesn't end when our activities end. Our evening is booked in too. We are attending a comedy show. The proceeds will be going to "Habitat for Humanity". One of the comedians is a former student of mine. He was jokester when I had him in an Algebra II class. I would bet that he could do a good impression of me!

We were booked in for a Pig Roast / Bocce Tournament at the ITAM for Sunday, but this event was changed to an October date. I have decided to use Sunday to cook my two large batches of onions and peppers for a couple of events next week.

I guess from what you see above, Linda and I love to be around people. We learn something knew every time we socialize.
As an example, I got into a discussion with a teacher who retired a few years before I did as I went to my car to head home from the golf course. We were talking about all of our aches and pains as we grow older. He said that he learned from talking to the people at the local senior center; "If the body part doesn't hurt, then it is not working"!

Another good quote, from one of our senior golfers who will turn 80 this month, was : "The best wood in a golfers' golf bag is a wooden pencil with an eraser on it". If you don't understand this quote, ask a golfer.

Well, a coffee and a newspaper sounds good to me right now.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: