Monday, August 25, 2008

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Sunday went as planned. After a morning session of house cleaning, and dusting, our house is ready to entertain 12 women for BONCO this evening. August is Linda's month for hosting the event.
I did a few outside chores, and settled down to watch an extra inning Red Sox game as well as a playoff of some PGA golf tournament. This was the first day in about 10 days that Linda and I were totally free.
During the middle of the afternoon, Linda left to do some errands while I sat on my butt to watch my sporting contests.

Another busy week is about to begin. I am booked in for the first of four rounds of golf this week. I haven't touched a golf club in over a week.
While the women are having fun this evening, I will be trying to squeeze in a wake in my home town, and a 6:30 PM UNICO Golf Tournament wrap up meeting.

We are starting to over dose with corn on the cob. Last night we had a Japanese named corn that tasted like they injected sugar in it. I would imagine the Mike and his family in Kansas (corn country ) must be going through the same thing.

Well, this is the big week in Berkshire County when the teachers and students go back to school. This will be the fifth August / September in which I will be on the golf course as those yellow school buses go past the first and second holes of our golf course. Two of my golfing buddies will be experiencing this for the first time. I still get "tingly all over" even though it is well past my first time to go through the joy of waving to the school buses.
Of course, people on fixed incomes could always use a few extra bucks as our income stays the same as prices for everything and taxes increase every year. I can see that eventually, I might have to get a part time job of some sort. For right now, I will enjoy the good times. Reading the local obituaries each day as well as seeing several friends going through some physical problems is a reminder that I made the right move when I walked out of the classroom doors at 57 years old in June of 2004.


For all you youngsters, you have a while before you can even think of retirement. I am just giving you a preview of coming attractions.

Have a great week at work or play. The Curley Lad

No comments: