Friday, August 22, 2008

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

I didn't do any lifting yesterday. I can stand upright with very little discomfort.

Linda had a lot of lookers at the Purple Plume, but they didn't want to spend their money.

Linda and I ate lobsters and corn on the cob for supper last evening. No, I didn't lift any pots of water. I cooked the lobsters outside on the Turkey Frier device, but I filled the pot up with water from a hose.
None of our friends seem interested to join us, so we dined alone.

Linda is off to the Purple Plume once again today.

I am going to give the lawn a trim, take a quick nap, and gather my grill stuff for The Third Thursday Event in downtown Pittsfield. Our Irish Sister City group is setting up in Sottile Park ( corner of Eagle and North Street) at 3:45 PM.
I couldn't help out last evening preparing some of the food for this evening's event because I wanted to stay off my feet until my back got better.

My Red Sox finally sent a pitcher back to the minors after he has lost several consecutive games. Last year he threw a no hitter, and this year the opponents are hitting the cover off of the ball. The first place team finally lost a game, but the Yankees inched closer to the Sox.

Today is our Anniversary. I guess the lobsters last evening were like an anniversary dinner at a fancy restaurant. Not!
Irish Bangers at a street festival is not exactly a way to celebrate 37 years of bliss! Linda will go from the Purple Plume and join us for the festivities in downtown Pittsfield.

Have to go and get dressed.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: